The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2004, 05:41 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Pets

While walking through a vill there was this very small black dog sitting outside a hut, I picked it up and put it in my shirt pocket. when we took a break I feed him some Cs, (we called him Butch)
I left him at some bace camp somewhere after trying to get him on a huey, We were moving and nothing but food,water and ammo goes. Some 101st guy got him I guess.
He probibly bit them.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2004, 06:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Right before Bitnam they sent a bunch of us to RVN SURVIVAL SCHOOL , a one day class where we set off 500 booby traps walking around and generally scared the crap out of us soon to depart folks. That morning they gave us a live chicken that we had to name and carry around all day in training. At 1800 hrs. they told us the chicken was dinner and get to it. The great chicken massacre was on! Lot of guys had never seen a live chicken before . People were holding them by the legs and slamming chickens into trees , stomping them , biting off heads , stabbing them and trying to catch the survivors. Mine tasted pretty good. All I could think about was all those booby traps I had set off.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:31 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Peggy was her name

A small curly tailed puppy that we got somewhere. She took up with LTC Johnston and stayed faithfully by his side. We had a pool of several hundred dollars as to the date that Peggy would loose her virginity. Don't know who won. We had a few monkeys around but had to shoot them when they climbed the antenna mast and started tearing it up. Had to outlaw poisonous snakes, some of the guys in SOG would keep them in their rucks to discourage persons from rummaging around. An occasional python around helped with the rat population but flaming rat races did more and provided some entertainment, not to mention dinner.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:30 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

One day at band camp (Norton AFB), my maintanence team was getting a C-141 ready so some reservists could get in their monthly flight time. Just as the flight crew arrived I spotted a little gecko lizard sitting on my tool box. I picked it up and put it on the front of my shirt, and it just clung there.

A reserve general happened to be piloting the plane that day and as he was walking by me (and not returning my salute, by the way) he spied the lizard. He then proceeded to read me "the riot act" about wearing personal jewelry on my uniform. I said I didn't know what he was talking about and he said, "I'll tell you what I'm talking about, sergeant! I'm talking about that pin!"

He touched the gecko which scurried up to my shoulder and I thought the one-star was going to sh1t in his pants.

I said, "Hey, how did that get there?", then put it on the ground and off it went...so did the general, kinda pale like.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Them Gyco Gecko's are funny like that