The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2005, 10:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Where Was George W. Bush On Veterans Day

He was to busy making a speech condemning those who may disagree with his reasons for going to war with Iraq and dishonoring America's veterans by playing the politics of fear and smear on Veterans Day rather than attending Veterans Day ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetary to honor this nations 25 million veterans.

So instead he sent his number two man, the Whitehouse proverbial 'hit man' himself.......VP Dick Cheney. Who for all practical honesty should be ashamed to even show his face on this 'hallowed ground' and speak of the 'sacrifice' and 'honor' of the millions of military veterans that have served this country with dignity and distinction. This from the man who got FIVE (5) defferments from serving in the military during 'our' war (Vietnam) and said he 'had other priorities' to deal with rather than serve his nation!

Not only THIS.................but while serving as a Congressman from his home state of Wyoming NEVER....NOT ONE SINGLE TIME.....voted to either fully fund the Department of Veterans Affairs OR increase benefits for Veterans while in that capacity as "Congressman".......................Look it up if you don't believe me, it's there in the Congressional Record for all to see.

Then, while serving under George Herbert Walker Bush as his Defense Secretary in 1991, had the nerve and outright audacity to REDUCE the 'size' of our military personnel on active duty by more than 25%, and the U.S. Army by more than 30%----more than TWO FULL DIVISIONS after the first Gulf War (Desert Storm). And, THEN while campaigning with Baby Bush as his Vice Presdential candidate in 2000 had the G--Damn audacity to accuse Bill Clinton of 'reducing' our military strength! Bill Clinton 'inherited' the already 'reduced' military from Bush # 1 and Dick (head) Cheney!

Thank God I wasn't able to attend the Veterans Day Ceremony at Arlington or I would have probably created such a scene I would have been thrown out on my ass. The GD hypocrisy and gall of these scumbags makes me want to throw up.

Payback is gonna be hell if current 'trends' are an indication of our future, politically speaking!

Almost six in 10 Americans (according to the latest poll numbers)now say Bush is not honest, and a similar number say his administration does not have high ethical standards.

And 56 percent disapprove of the way Bush is handling foreign policy and the war on terrorism, the poll found. Overall, only 37 percent approve of the job Bush is doing as president.

Alas, I think what we?re missing here is a voice of right-wing reason that might use words to this effect:

?To hell with the veterans. All they do is whine about their missing limbs, absent faces and hideous (but survivable!) head and/or body wounds, their gosh-darn ?mystery? illnesses, their exposure to highly-radioactive DU munitions, their low pay, their crappy armor, having to pay their own way at Veterans Hospitals that make them wait forever for treatment, and how the Pentagon lured them into re-upping with a $15,000 signing bonus which was later rescinded."

?America?s vets do nothing but undermine the War on Terror and give aid and comfort to our enemies. I?m glad ? GLAD, I tell you ? that the House Veterans Committee and folks like Republican Legislator Steven Buyer is finally standing up and denying these shameless Fifth Columnists an opportunity to attack the very nation that gave them bullets, MREs and a modest burial discount.?

"Yours truly,

Proud Right-wingnut"

There now. I think that about covers it.

Except to say, Republican Congressman Steven Buyer is either the DUMBEST or the most EVIL of all the bottom feeding politicians drawing breath?

Hey Congressman Buyer, do us Veterans and the Human Race a favor and do what your Hero Dick Cheney suggested to a Senator recently...............go F--- yourself!

These 'new' Republicans are much more stupid than even I originally considered.

How smart is it to piss off at least the majority 25 million guys (and women), most of whom were trained to kill?

Things are NOT looking up in 'wingnuttia' land!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2005, 04:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

He was making a speech (among other duties he has to fulfill every day), intended to thwart the erroneous nonsense certain people have been filling our airwaves with for far too long.

Thank you, Mr. President... for your service.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What

"service"???

His ridiculously 'pampered' and unseemly time spent in the TANG???

WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!...........................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 11-12-2005, 06:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: What

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy "service"???

His ridiculously 'pampered' and unseemly time spent in the TANG???

WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!...........................
On you.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Nope

On the American people!...................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 11-12-2005, 06:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Nope

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy On the American people!...................
On you and yours.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default So

then you count yourself among the few uncaring souls that agree with this Prezi-nitwits decision to make a 'speech' about his actions to send more young Americans into war to become an additional 'number' to be added to the countless numbers of veterans being shortchanged by his failure to adequately fund the Department of Veterans Affairs huh?

Rather than take the TIME and make the EFFORT to properly HONOR the suffering and sacrifices these veterans have endured for their country when he was a "NO SHOW" at the ceremony in Arlington??

Now I get it.....................you're evidently about as 'caring' as HE is, right? What a surprise!..............NOT!

BTW---------------You never got around to standing UP for his 'replacement' at the festivities.............The King of Foul-Mouthed Pronunciation who NEVER met a 'Veteran' he wouldn't 'DUMP ON' hisseff---the MOST 'MISERABLE' and 'DESPICABLE' civil servant on the Federal payroll, VP Dick Cheney!...............What a FINE example of committment and dedication to the cause of Veterans rights & benefits HE has been!

You folks wouldn't admit his failure(s) to this nations Veterans if he jumped up and kicked you square in the A$$, which is about as much 'good will' and 'help' you'll EVER get from that A$$HOLE!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 11-12-2005, 04:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I do believe, Gimpy, that your foul mouth and fouler fingers, coupled with what is obviously your exceedingly high blood pressure, are going to combine to lead you to an early grave. What could we possibly do with one less hateful soul here? And BTW, the manner in which VP Cheney had been spoken about by the senator to whom Cheney's remark was directed: well done, Mr. Vice President! I certainly don't think Cheney is the most despicable and miserable public servant on the payroll - that ignominious title belongs to Dick Durbin, Democrat from Illinois for comparing our warriors to gulag guards, Pol Pot's police, and worse.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-12-2005, 05:39 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Where Was George W. Bush On Veterans Day

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy [b]

How smart is it to piss off at least the majority 25 million guys (and women), most of whom were trained to kill?

There exists zero evidence for either part of that statement.

For one thing, except among Marines, very few in service are "trained to kill." The last ratio I recall seeing is that there are 7 in support to every 1 actual fighter.

And, for another thing, "at least the majority"? Wishful thinking, perhaps?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Another 'voice' (Super)

of Un-reason and confounded logic appears.

So then, I suppose you will attempt to DENY my charges that Dick Cheney is NO friend of military veterans and was/is an UN-'suitable' stand in for his boss at yesterdays events?

How can you folks continue to support these folks when ALL the factual evidence proves the charges I've posted above??? Huh?

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"