The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2009, 09:48 AM

Default The T.A.R.D.I.S. has landed...

Hi, folks. I was tickled that I could actually get that moniker ...

I'm a vet from during the Vietnam Era. I was a crewchief on the OH-58's and was stationed in Kitzingen, Germany. I used to terrorize the battery commander with a Gibson SG at %5:00pm rendering "The Star Spangled Banner" JH style. I can't go into a lot of detail about some of my special training, but I did manage to get a degree through the USAFES during my stay and have worked as an engineer for many years of my civilian life. Recently some of the staff at University of Nevada at Reno have recognized me informally as a Doctorate in Astrophysics. Once I'm finished with the body of work, they'll likely hand me an honorary degree.

The work is associated with some work I submitted to NASA in 1999 that speculated on the sun having a second layer beneath the surface. Since then, the space agency released to the public their proposal for continued funding of Project SOHO and I found the project was on the verge of confirming what I had deduced through mathematics concerning the comparison of the standard "equation of state" with the "special equation of state" that is used to explain how continuous sustained fusion powers the sun supposedly. I argued against that commonly accepted speculation that "pulsed" fusion is only possible in stars. What eventually emerged from that inconsistency and the general lack of proper amounts of helium in space and in our atmosphere that would have to come from the star, was a second, much cooler area consisting of helium in various molecular states, in the area we call the "shear zone." I also sent NASA a sketch of the interior of the star I proposed as a new model. In 2005 the NASA channel aired a broadcast that depicted exactly that. I've been at war with the space agency ever since for the proper recognition. At least some of the universities around the country are willing to supply it.

That's me in a short order. I'm currently working on some concepts for new spacesuit-like battle gear for the troops in the middle East. I'll be submitting a proposal directly to the White House shortly to get a research grant for the prototypes. There's civilian models, too that make life easier and safer in a polluted, crazy world. Other concepts I'm pursuing are what I've dubbed a "hydrostatic" generator that uses only the difference between buoyancy verses free-fall to generate power. I may get a local grant to research that idea and some other energy devices, electric car designs, etc.

Who says you can't make it on the outside? There is life after the Army...

Dr. Who
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well...

that answers my questions. Congratulations on your work. Not that I understand it...but sounds cool. You will not need an AO exam since you were not incountry....don't think they used AO in Germany. That's a plus, buddy! If they give it to you anyway...take it and while your there sign up for health care if you don't have insurance.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 AM

Hello Packo,

good to meet you. By AO do you mean "area of operation?" Other than that I'm not up to date on current terminology.

I was hoping some in here just might have an interest in time-space physics, still my main objective is to find out about VA hospitals.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking DrWho

I'm the therapist here on this site. There are several guys you must be pointed out to you. Now I'm not saying they are crazy, but . . . . .

We have BobK. a sad case indeed. Then Packo Tom and confuse Southern Baptist whine sipper, another sad case. Then there is Curtis the upstate NY redneck. Then there is . . . . . never mind we are all a bunch of crazies.

Keith
Old 04-20-2009, 12:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Welcome to the PF Dr.Who.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 04-20-2009, 01:04 PM

Default Dr. Who - watch out their's Darylecks on this site.

Yep - being a SciFi buff - I know Dr. Who. Watched them for years - those English - dialogs were ruff at first but I managed to catch up. It was like watching Monty Python - now that took a little time grasp - but once you've watched it enough you begin to see their sick sense of humor.

Welcome aboard - I have a friend whose has a PHD in Mech. Engr. from Sandford - he's
also a little deep - but still knows how to drink a beer or two. He also works for NASA. He's an instructor at Chicago University he helps design satilites and telescopes. He worked in Switzerland for two years. I often call him when I'm cornered on a subject he can usually bail me out. He reminds my of movie The Librarian - there isn't much he dosn't know.

I was really surprised that he didn't teach in college as a Proffesor. He may yet he gets bored so quickly - always needs a challenge to subject to dive into.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-22-2009, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Hey Doc, glad tah have yah here. Welcome home. Sit a spell and enjoy the company you'll find here. Ain't none better.
Now if you're a VN era vet. you really should know with a whole lot less schoolin' than what you have, that AO stands for those 55 gallon black drums with the orange band around the top of them that created such things as Baldy Mountain and Skeleton Mountain. They call it Agent Orange an there's a bunch of us here that are goin' on top of sumplace known as Psyco Mountain tomorrow to BS about things long ago on those hills accross the pond and shoot the ...hit 'bout things yet to come.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 AM

Hello all,

Agent Orange. I should have guessed. Did you know the Merck Manual states that AO prolongs death? Maybe we're all dead already and our bodies haven't caught on yet...
Old 04-26-2009, 05:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default AO

Already out of it. Say hello to K-9 for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K-9.jpg (25.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-27-2009, 08:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Welcome Aboard !!

Larry