The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Katrina

A few days ago (I think thru or friday) they had a meeting at George R Brown Convention center in Houston about how to proceed with N.O.
This Lady (Im not sure if that term fit) got up and said that "we lived in N.O. and we deserve to have our lives put back and paid for by the state and federal government"
A Federal judge has just ruled in favor of some katrina people that were about to get evicted from hotels that they have been living in at the taxpayers expence of $4,000,000 a day, He extended there stay until first part of Feb. Its not up to FEMA to rebuild these peoples lives, Its not up to taxpayers to find them a job and give them a house and buy them food. Its been months sence and if they can't find a job along the gulf cost, they just aren't looking, But then, why should they look, The federal government owes them money and houseing. What a crock of shit this katrina thing has come to be.
Last week or so they had hurican force winds in Colorado, Blew over a bunch of cars and trucks and tour off roofs, people died.
FEMA wasn't called, the local government agencys took care of the problem, Roads were cleared, people were helped, Insurence companies were called and repairs are underway, What a novel thought.
FEMA is an emergency agency, Its in there name, there not in the business of housing people, and they shouldn't have started, They should have rescued the people and then it should have been up to city officals to provide a hurican shelter, after that, when the hurican was over, relitives should have helped.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2005, 07:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If y'all want to read an interesting article from a rescue/relocation worker in Salt Lake City, Utah, go to www.boortz.com and click on Neal News. I especially like the part about the job fair and how many showed up.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:15 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Neal news

I couldn't find neal news, Pac
Ron
Old 12-13-2005, 05:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Ron just click on Neals smiling face where it says Nealz Nuze check out the redneck pics I liked the Mailbox .45
Old 12-14-2005, 03:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron, Top right under his opening line about being wrong it says:

More in Neal Nuze

Click on that or as Jerry says...his face, which I've not tried.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:55 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default paco

I was being to literal with your directions, I went to the sight and read his artical. Yea I agree with him, matter of fact I kept on reading the next artical. You said to go to "Neal News" so I was looking for that. I guess what you ment was Neal Nuze, but thanks for the link.
Ron
Old 12-15-2005, 03:07 AM

39, I smell what you are trying to say in this post and others you have made concerning Katrina. You certainly have your right to express your opinion. However. you have absolutely no concept of what the phuck has happened down here! A few cars and trucks and roofs damaged in Colorado aint shat compared to the unprecedented devastation that the Gulf coast has endured. What was reported on TV about the flooding in NO., rioting, and so forth along with the fraud by some is what the news organizations is what makes for a good news story. Do you understand that these ( Katrina People ) as you call them arnt a handful of minorities taking advantage of the system. Do you understand that whole cities along the Ms. coast have been completely wiped of the face of the earth? There are many thousands of homes for miles and miles that simply dont exist anymore. there are hundreds of thousands of people just like you and I that dont have homes to go to. Even with virtually around the clock cleanup efforts going on for the last 4 months, they have only made a small dent in the road to recovery. The rebuild and recovery process associated with this type of never before seen total devastation will take years, not months. Contrary to what you may believe from watching TV, many people that at least still own the lot where their home once stood are living in tents. there are not enough contractors in this part of the country to get these people back in their homes in any type of timely manner. Anyway. as I said before, I understand your point, I dont agree with a free ride either. But the fact is we need big time help down here. You simply cant understand how these people are hurting.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:29 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Billy

Seeeee, thats the way an disscussion should take place, and leave the name calling out, Way to go Billy.
Now.
The people that lost stuff in katrina not just along the gulf coast but in Florida also, 1st need to turn to there city for help, After the hurican is gone they should contact there insurence company, Like the people in florida did, FEMA is an emergency operation, They get called after the city asks the county for help and the county asks the state for help and the state asks the reagonal director for help. The reagonal director asks FEMA to assist, The size of the probelm, althoug important is not a determining factor for help, Also there were more than a few people in Colorado effected.
There aren't enough contractors??? well maybe get some of the people that are living in Hotels at taxpayers expence to get off there lazy wellfair ass and go to work.
I do know what the area is going through, I was in Texas city when Alesia hit, I lost a lot , I got a hold of my insurence company and rebuilt my stuff, The town was devistated, I walked (couldn't drive) down the road to town where I took a Donut and cup of coffee from Salvation army, Thats all I took. They got there shit togeather and rebuilt the area.
N.O. is 12 feet under sea level and had 5 toxic waste superfund sights flooded and all that waste is now in N.O. The Govenor and Mayor want money from federal government to rebuild there city, I would tell them no, But I would guess that the federal government will give them Billions.
Rebuild N.O. That would be fine with me but don't do it in the same spot, Toxic waste, 12 feet below sea level,
Valdies Alaska had a 9 eathquake that leveled there city, The citizens decide to rebuild there city and also said lets not rebuild it where it can get flaten again , so they rebuild there city several miles inland,
That whole area should first look to there insurence companies, and if there is no insurence? a good explination as to why they have none and why the US taxpayers should bail them out. There are very few reasons why a homeowner doesn't have homeowners insurence, Business are just plan stupid if they don't have insurence, so why aren't they rebuilding? Greed comes to mind.
Billy, I feel for you, You live in MS and have been hurt by Katrina, But you chose to live in a Huricane area and should have insurence, The people that live in Oklahoma chose to live in Tornado alley, they probibly should have insurence, The federal government shouldn't have to pay because you or they chose to live in a dangerous area Your insurence company should.
Ron

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:04 PM

Again, I know you feel that you are correct in your view on this matter and to an extent I agree with you. However, it really isnt as simple as it seems. Anyway, about the advise about getting their lazy asses out of the hotel room for a construction job, and I know your gonna love this bit, well they would first have to beat out all these Mexicans that have invaded our area!! Can you hear me???
Old 12-15-2005, 01:47 PM

By the way, I made it just fine with little damage, one of only a few in my neighborhood. According to my GPS my front doorway is 21 feet above sea level and the stormserge back here on the bayou was a gentle rise as apposed to the trashing they took out front. The water came up fairly rapidly to within a quarter inch of coming in the house then slowly started receding. Also, and not to push any issue, flooding is not covered under a homeowners policy. That is a real issue now as many areas were not designated flood plains and the banks did not require fllood coverage. Now many people still owe a big mortgage on a house that doesnt exist and the insurance companies nor the homeowners ever thought they needed floodcoverage therefore they were not covered and are apparently SOL. While Im on a roll, and knowing how this Gov. spending gets your dander up, guess how many FEMA trailers are setting down on millionair row down on front beach!?!?!?