The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2004, 10:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gimp

You are correct. Hope the FCC does something but it is really a wet noodle organization.

That was not a mistake by timberlake. If so, why was jackson wearing some sort of metal thing on her nipple? That was planned and they don't have the guts to admit it, neither them, MTV, or CBS. They knew. This whole thing was aimed at the 12y/o and below population in this country. Just more of the sexualization of our children. Why haven't the feminist jumped in yet with their opinion of this quasi rape sceen? Won't little boys think it's ok to rip off girls clothes and little girls to think it's perfectly all right? Pretty friggin' sad if you ask me.

Well, as long as hollywood, mtv, and organizations like them do it......no problem.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2004, 11:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

revwardoc & HC,

My dad was on North Atlantic convoys as well. USS Earle, DD635. He was the gunnery officer. Most of his runs were between Boston and Casablanca, also Sicily. Didn't say much about it when he was alive. But, I have his diaries. They tell some stories.

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 02-02-2004, 11:24 AM

Default All Staged

Just a few minutes ago, I was watching CNN and they had this man on telling about what was going to happen at end of the halftime show.. It seems MTV had it palnned to have a suprise ending, and both parties knew in advance the outcome..

And it did "stink"(the show) big time., but the game was great.

And to make it correct here. CBS should have to return all the money that was charged for the Ads, and give it to the families of the dead soldiers that got killed in Irag.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:31 AM

In my 1940's you had 3 words "I love you" . This new generation cut it down to 1 word "Ya" You just jump around and say
Ya Ya Ya . Maybe that is the only word they know.

cadet
Old 02-02-2004, 11:35 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
This whole thing was aimed at the 12y/o and below population in this country. Just more of the sexualization of our children. Why haven't the feminist jumped in yet with their opinion of this quasi rape sceen? Won't little boys think it's ok to rip off girls clothes and little girls to think it's perfectly all right? Pretty friggin' sad if you ask me.

Well, as long as hollywood, mtv, and organizations like them do it......no problem.

And there it is...

Sis...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 02-02-2004, 12:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The game was great and both teams deserved to be there by virtue of their outstanding super bowl performance alone. Good job Panthers and Pats, ya both should have won.

On the other hand, surely we have better talent than what was put up for half time. Even the impromptu T&A show (less the A evidently) couldn?t put that screaming noise match in the column called ?art?. I tuned that deal out with the sight of some stinkpot looking supposed cowboy screeching and making noise about some damn thing or another. I think it was supposed to be a song, but who knows for sure. I can?t believe the sponsors put out such cubic volumes of bucks for that alleged show. If I were in their shoes I?d be screeching like a freshly cut cat right about now. They got had, big time.

CBS sure seems to have program content difficulties lately and must like burning up millions simply because they got a serious case of the creative tail wagging the corporate dog. So there they go again-defeat snatched from the jaws of victory and this time done in front of the largest audience that could possibly hope for. And then the CBS front office mob out apologizing again, one more time, d?j? vu all over again.

Scamp
Old 02-02-2004, 02:09 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Exclamation And now the news

I didn?t see the ?incident?, or ?accident?. Our host doesn?t smoke so I was out of the veranda with others having a smoke when Ms. Jackson and Mr. Timberlake did their thing. Checking out some news sites today, it seems MTV is saying, ??this was an unfortunate wardrobe accident". Timberlake is saying his ring got caught on Janet?s outfit. And Clinton is still saying he didn?t inhale.

I?m not against sex, personally I find it a magnificent idea. However the half time show should be about football. It?s the damn Super Bowl, it is football! Timberlake, Jackson, MTV and CBS should all be fined in a large way. MTV should be banned from putting on programs pre-, post-, or half time shows during all sporting events.

As far as the game, wanted the Pat?s to win of course, the North doing another successful invasion of the South. However, took the Panthers and the 7 points. Taking the wife out tonight on other peoples money.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 02-02-2004, 02:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Breasts = Good

Flag Pancho = NOT good
Old 02-02-2004, 02:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down PLANNED

Like Packo said, this was planned. I think this is a reflection of the lack of talent that presently permeates the music industry. From the rappers that, like Ron pointed out, can't sing, to Britney Speers' sub-standard singing of mediocre songs aimed at teeny boppers, most of the industry has resorted to sexual overtones to sell their product because they know that the talent of their "artists" alone can't.

I too, think that there should be some fines levied somewhere. Somebody's "boob caught in a wringer," so to speak . It should start with Jackson and Timberlake, and investigated from there on back. The NFL has already stated that MTV will never produce one of their half-time shows again. Some big future bucks lost there, I'm sure.

The upside to all this is, that at least we know for sure that it wasn't Michael up there . I've had trouble telling him apart from either one of his sisters for years now .

RON: ZZ TOPP would have been an excellent choice .
Old 02-02-2004, 02:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Yes Yes yes

Z Z T O P, please, please, please, PULEEZE!

(Tthey don't need breasts, except once in awhile :-)