Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2005, 02:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
Lets do the math
GM is laying off 30,000
Toyota hired 8,000 (all USA payroll)
It makes more sense to buy a Japanese car made in the United States where the payroll is taxed and spent here, then to buy an American? made car where the payroll is distributed between Mexico and Canada
Bob K

PS Did I tell you my wife drives a Toyota Highlander?

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2005, 03:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron, Ron, and Bob,...

...10 year warrenties don't mean shit if the "automobile" is in the shop 67 times during that time period for the stupid shit,....

...yes GM will be closing some shops, lines etc, any corp realigns it's work force to meet the current needs, No Gm won't be going bankrupt, it has more capitol then Carter has liver pills, it's top heavy with retirement payolla, etc, but I'm drinking Jack daniels now cause i got a killer toothache, and don't give a damn,...

...Bob, your on the upside of the Japanese swing with Toyota, but the low end that buy the Huyandi's, etc, get screwed with the excess of warrenty claims for the stupid shit, not covered on the 10 year power train etc., along with DEPRECIATION of value, most of the market has been killed off as in the one, two, three year traders because the prices have gone up, and they kill you according to mileage, cars, and trucks are "used" up retail wise at 100,000 miles, people are spending 50,000.00 (+) on a high line truck, and putting on 50,000 miles in 2. 5 years, and being told at trade in time that their "car/truck is now worth 20,000 to 22,000.00, not counting taxes, and financing charges, extended warranties, rust, and dust pcgs, and any aftermarket add on's, etc,...

...buy what your going to buy, and keep it, maintain it, and you better love it, and run the shit out of it,...

...both the Ford 6.0 turbo deisel, and Gm's duramax are excellent investments as they will give you 3 to 4 hundred thousand miles, Mantain the body, get it rustproofed at the very least to keep momma nature at bay and hang on for the ride for the next 10 years, phuck gas, I want something that can burn anything,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 11-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Toyota

Im sure the people at GM will send you a Christmas card while standing in the unemployment line.
My wife drives a mustang.

Ron
Old 11-21-2005, 04:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Go to the Consumer Reports website and look at the auto recommendations for new cars :

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...els-a-to-z.htm

These are the only cars that have a check with a circle around them...( the best of the best )

I think this about says it all.

acura
audi
honda
lexus
mitsubishi
nissan
saab
subaru
toyota
volvo

Although I had no serious problems with my Lumina from 1993 - 2004, If I have to buy another new one ( hopefully a long time from now ), it will be a Honda.

Larry
Old 11-21-2005, 04:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Isnt Saab owned by GM?...If so at least one made the list....Good choice on the Honda Larry
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-21-2005, 04:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Well, I have fought with people for doing this, but like Daddy always said, if you can't beat them, join them.....

I believe the fault lies on no one other than Bill Clinton and his NAFTA program. Him and his party have outsourced more jobs and closed more factories and moved them overseas than anyone else on the checklist. If you don't believe that, just check into where the Heinz factories are located around the world today as opposed to 10 years ago. By the way, if you don't know, John Kerry is married into that family.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default List

If the list of "Best" cars is whats important to you, than by all means buy one.
acura
audi
honda
lexus
mitsubishi
nissan
saab
subaru
toyota
volvo

But, Sometimes, doing what someone thinks is the Best is not really the best.

Ron
Old 11-21-2005, 07:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

A neighbor of mine wanted to buy an American made tractor. He went to the John Deere dealer and all the ones he liked were made in Japan. Then someone told him to go to the Kubota dealer. That is where he got his American made tractor. Two things about General Motors: Are any of the plants closing in Mexico or Canada? The other thing is the Big Three got caught with their pants down by the sudden rise in gas prices. They were making too high a percentage of fuel inefficient vehicles.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Fred
You're right....The American? made gas hogs came back to bite em right on the ass.
Ron
Theres not one American? owned company on that list....where as Toyota, Subaru, Nissan, and Honda make their vehicles right here in the USA by American workers.....Thats gotta tell you something. its not the workers.....Its all the greedy executives in the big offices.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-22-2005, 04:39 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Jap cars

The plant closeings were "North America plants" so I guess that could be anywhere above centeral America.
The cars that Jap Companies build aren't bad cars, they are very good cars, SO, Buy One, I don't care.
Lexus is a Toyota
Volvo is owned by Ford and has most running gear and electronics from Ford
Jag is also owned by Ford and Most of VW, James Bond car is a Ford in different skin. Range Rover--Ford.

Go buy Stanley tools also, there from China

I'll stick with Craftsman and Ford.

Ron