Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Bob/Advisor

Bob
Nobody said you couldn't worship anything you want to worship. The point is that when the stuff you worship shows up on public land/buildings. Keep religon in your house and in your church and on your land and you will find it very hard to find people that would give a shit.

Advisor,
I can't find anything about what you said to argue about. Your right.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2006, 10:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
I don't worship Santa, trees, or the easter bunny.....These Items are all secular icons that have absolutely nothing to do with religion. So when people start to pitch-a-bitch about these items and many more being religious......they're just blowing smoke out their ass
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:36 AM

My wife and I still practice most our catholic upbringing. No meat on Fridays and certain holidays. We often remind our daughters of the religious days and what they mean - I can only hope they move this along to their kids.

Our first grand-daughter lived with us for about four years until her Mother got back on her feet after a divorce and she was on track and followed all the rules hr Nana taught her - but since she has moved out with her Mother again - she's drifting a little off center.

To me you get out of religion what you put into it. I'm grateful to the man upstairs - I owe him much and I'm thankful for his sacrifice in our behalf. What else can I say.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Bob

So then why do religous people care if they are removed? Maybe the smoke is comming out the other ASS.
If they don't mean anything religous then why do religous people get so upset when they are about to be removed or even talked about being removed?
Truth is these symbols are very religous in there meaning. Religous people are trying to have it both ways I think.
If there not relious symbols then get rid of them , they don't belong on public land, If they are religous symbols then get rid of them , they don't belong on public land.

And then I would just as soon you not put words in my mouth, I didn't say you worshiped anything, The "stuff" I was refuring to is the Bible and Jesus on a cross and the 10 commandments, if you are a christan person I would guess you would worship these things and they should not be in public buildings on public land or on public money.

Ron
Old 04-11-2006, 12:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
In your initial post you included the easter bunny with the bible, cross, and the 10 commandments. That waskely little wabbit has nothin' to do with religion.....Thats what were trying to tell you.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-11-2006, 01:13 PM

Being religious does not equate with being a believer (disciple). Seems to me that Jesus had the hardest things to say to the religious people. Just a thought.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Yes

But to religous people the Christams tree, santa, and the bunny are religous symbols , otherwise, why would anyone care if they Are removed from public places. A tree by itself is nothing more than a tree, but a pine tree around the middle of December becomes a religous symbol, and santa and the bunny in april. If religous people/groups didn't put these things on public land/buildings nobody would care. The people that are bitching about christmass trees and easter bunnys aren't bitching about them on privet land, Its religous people putting these things on public land?buildings that get a responce.
And it don't even have to be religous people it may just be a retailer trying to make money.
Religon should be a privet thing for most people.

Ron
Old 04-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Christmas trees, santa, and the bunny are not christian religious symbols. Historically most christians know that the holidays themselves (the dates anyway) were made up and strapped to the backs of pagan holidays to draw pagans into the church by providing them comfortable points of reference to their own pagan holidays. The natural outcome of strapping christian ideas onto pagan dates lead to the further co-opting of pagan festivals with the incorporation of pagan symbols into christian holidays. For example the Christmas tree has always been associated with fertility rituals and the balls on the tree are derived from the worship of the moon god. The mainstream symbols you are calling christian religious symbols are so far from christian that many christians actually boycott them. You might be surprised to find a christian standing next to you the next time you are protesting a Christmas tree being placed in the town square
Old 04-11-2006, 02:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
Next time you decide to protest the bunny give me a call......I can be that christian standing next to you
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-11-2006, 02:49 PM

Wets go hunt wabbits!!!!