The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Police/Fire/EMS

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2003, 05:21 PM

Default Kimber 1911 .45

I guess, this is the best place to comment on my experience with the Kimber 1911 .45.

First off, I was reluctant to trying anything more powerful than a 9mm. I shot the Barretta 9mm as an MP in the Army. As a civilian I've shot a Taurus 9mm which is just like shooting the Barretta. Recently, a couple of my buddies encouraged me to try other handguns. Out of all of the handguns I've recently shot ie., Glock .45, Glock 10mm, .357 mag, and the Kimber .45, I've preferred shooting the Kimber.

Does anyone else like shooting the Kimber .45?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2003, 10:08 AM

I've shot the Colt .45 a lot but my weapon of choice now is the Beretta .40 caliber. real good weapon with " Police ammo ".
Old 05-03-2003, 05:00 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Nope

Smith & Wesson is just down the road from us and they have always sold their guns to full time cops in this area at cost.
9mm, .44 Cal, .357 Cal, .38 Cal - they are all S&W. Well, I do have a Browning 9mm, but that was a, ah, gift.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-04-2003, 03:39 PM

Andy, is the Browning a single or new double action, reason I ask is the double action is some thing I might like to have.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:17 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post Browning

It's the old single action, the kind you can't go out and buy anymore. If is wasn't worth a few dollars I'd call it a "throw down". No record of the numbers and all that.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-05-2003, 04:35 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Pistols

I have shot most hand guns, The one I liked the most was a coustom made 6 shooter revalver, Chambered in a 444 bullit. Yes I said 444. Better be hanging onto this monster with both hands and a foot if you can get it up there.
The thing your shooting at can be on the other side of a car and it don't matter, you'll hit it.

Ron
Old 05-05-2003, 03:38 PM

Just before I retired from the State Dept of Corrections one of my officers asked me to shoot a new Sig-Sauer 9mm. What a sweet gun that was! It fit my hand so well that I'd have to try in order to miss the target. I haven't done a lot of shooting since then but if I were going to buy a new pistol, that's what I'd get!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:25 PM

I've shot a S & W .22 LR. My groupings were very tight, however, when I went from firing a .45 to firing a .22, I found that my shots were a little scattered. I think I was waiting for a recoil. lol

I like shooting a S & W .357. Although, I've only shot the revolver as a single action.

I have not tried a Sig yet. I look forward to trying one out.

So far the Kimber .45 is my favorite handgun..
Old 05-05-2003, 09:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I like the specs of the Sig also.I haven't shot one but, would love to someday. I have a S&W 3904 9mm it shoots fair but fits my hand well, I also Love my Colt Diamondback 22lr it shoots accurate and feels great in my hand also. My Wife likes her Ruger 44mag and Thompson Contender with an Odd ball cartridge 256 win mag . We plan on getting a barrel for it in 30.30 cal should make an interesting pistol to go Deer Hunting with
Old 05-06-2003, 02:41 PM

Default Andy

What type of side arm does Boston P.D. use on duty ? Also what off duty ? My Department used the Model 10 in .38 spl. Off duty was the Officers choice but had to be at least .38 Spl. cal. They not carry Bertta 9m.m. both on and off duty.
Three days off with-out pay if found unarmed off duty, never knew it to be enforced thow.