The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2005, 09:59 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Ever See This Before?

I have our race cars listed for sale on several websites,and I got this in an e-mail today.Being a bear of very little brain,I need help in figuring out this obvious scam...
"My name is bobic james,I have a client that is interested in buying your item,he informed me that the payment will be remmited via a certified cashiers check.Is the price you listed for the item firm? In order to conclude the deal as soon as possible,the cashiers check that will be sent to you will include the money for the sales of your item and the shippers fees for organising a home pick up service.You do not need to worry as my shipping company will come to pick item up from your base for shipment. What I want to clarify is that will you be able to send the shipping charges to the shipping agent in United Arab Emirates through Western Union Money Transfer method as soon as you get and cashed the check and you deduct the money for the sales of your item?If you agree to assist in this capacity,send your full name,your address and phone numbers,For the check to be issued and sent to you. Thanks,

bobic"

I e-mailed Mr James back and told him to send his shipping agent to the shop with a handfull of greenbacks and he could have the car!

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2005, 10:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

sounds like a super scam to me griz. I get these 4ners all the time telling me they got a $hit pot full of money for me all I have to do is give them my bank account and password so they can do a bank transfer. Ya you bet I'll get right on it.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Griz,

This IS A SCAM. You'll send them the shipping fee......they will send you nothing or a bad check. Forget it. It's like the Nigerian bank scam. You did well ol' buddy!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-30-2005, 03:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

It's a scam. No one NEEDS your ph.# to write a check. "Bobic " 'JAMES' "...United Arab Emerates??? When was the last time you heard "James" as a last name of an Arab??? It also sounds too well written to be anything but a scam.

Ok, ok. Maybe he was lisdexic and delleps it backwards...cibob semaj. Does that sound better?
Old 03-30-2005, 04:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Griz
Its a scam!!!!
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-30-2005, 07:32 AM

BOOOOOO - sounds a little nutty to me. I'd suggest he wire transfer the funds to your bank and once cleared you tell him to have his routing done by others.

Have his freight forwarder pick up the car and let them handle the cost incurred. There is also an issue regarding the release on the tile of the car. How is that to be handled?

Don't give anyone anything without seeing the money first. Except no commitments to paying any fees for any freight let them handle it - they can do that without you having to be responsible or have to pay anyone out of your pocket.

Be careful - doesn't sound to authentic - get the money let then handle all the transit and shipping.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-30-2005, 08:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Someone has or will bite on this lure or there would be no fishin. As the Ol? gal in Vietnam said, ?Oh so sorry bout that Sailor man, you pay what you get.? Seems to be a good rule to live by.

A while ago I had one of those Nigerian Bank deals on the plate and I played that scammer like a trout for about three weeks. Its kind of fun to see what leverage and language they come up with. In that scenario I supposedly had a relative that perished in a plane crash and out of the goodness of his heart, he wanted to get the relative?s money to me before the Corrupt Nigerian banking system stole it all. So of course it was ?urgent? and time was of the essence. Gave the idiot a bogus family name and State and he came back with a bio about the long-lost but wealthy relative and it was a match, or supposedly so. All I had to do was hire his ?super honest? Attorney brother to gin up the funds transfer docs, etc., etc. Too much fun for this addle-patted old timer, he he.

Scamp
Old 03-30-2005, 12:34 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Yup...And another great old Oriental saying that I try to abide by is "No ticky-no laundry!"
I don`t think that I`m so naive as to fall for something like this,but I was wondering what the next step might be after they got my ph.# and address.Mabe to call me and perpetuate the scam? W.C.Fields left me with a little more sense,I would hope.

Peace,Griz
Old 03-30-2005, 12:52 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I thought the Ol' gals in Vietnam said, "Me so horny! Me love you long time!"
Old 03-30-2005, 01:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Maybe in the movies they say that Doc, but the transactional language I became acquainted with discussed ?Boom-boom? followed by the phrase I have presented. Or maybe I really didn?t know what the heck they were talking about.

Scamp