The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2003, 04:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Freezer meat,...

...two button bucks yesterday,...

...neatly wrapped for many a winter BBQ,...

... ...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Doc.2/47

Congrats!Still coming up dry myself so far.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

SJ...great to hear. Now that darkness has fallen on Wisconsin and the last day of gun season is officially over, I must admit I struck out. Saw a nice doe opening morning but had a buck only tag and not a hair since. Oh well, only 12 months to go before the season opens again and next year is a grudge match!!!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-30-2003, 07:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default still,...

....have 10 days of regular rifle season left, then a week of bow/ muzzleloader,...

...traded off the browning shot gun for a remmington 30.06, with scope, told my buddy to finish off this season with it, and seems like a good swap to me, his is one year old, synthetic stock, and not sure what the scope is,...

...he did 5 years in the Navy, I trust him, he had a bad time a few years back with his Father passing, his house burned down, and hus "other buddy" shot him through the upper leg while loading/unloading his .380,... bad year,...

...saw a nice stubby, I'd consider, .308 new england arms single shot, all you need is one shot,....

...anyway, the cookout starts tommorrow as it's not my favorite day, the back straps will ease some of the burden,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 11-30-2003, 08:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

You da man curtis.. You bested this ol curmudgin and I was born under a stump. You are very lucky indeed our hunting laws suck out here in washington.. First we have to choose which weapon to use when we buy our tags archery, muzzleloader , or modern rifle. deer is statewide but by weapon so the seasons vary but its still only one deer and one kind of weapon . I personelly think that stinks because you can only get one deer so why confine a guy to how he get it. I wouldn't mind only one deer but I think you should be able to hunt with any method even if it costs more for an additional endorsement. Now our elk season is even crazyier archery, muzzleloader, or modern rifle but then you have to choose eastern washington or western washington and for branched antlered elk its permit only which is like winning the lottery. and the state can't figure out why the game department is always in the red "GO FIGURE". anyway they don't listen to the hunter they only listen to the big special interest clubs. like the archery clubs abd the black powder guys and rocky mt. elk foundation why not let you hunt all seasons as the limit is still only one.. sorry to vent but I used to hunt with all three weapons and I really miss it. I know guys WAAH, WAAH, WAAH
Old 12-01-2003, 12:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I'm jealous but I still

But I still love ya.

Way to go.

Keith
Old 12-01-2003, 04:31 AM
Doc.2/47

Our season here runs through Jan. 11 with 3 bucks and a lot of does allowed.That's one reason I have'nt been getting out too much so far (aside from hot weather early on);it's been pretty much buck only so far but after 8 Dec. it's pretty well either sex to the end.

Guess the deer got "first blood" this year.My wife-Nancy-drives in to work about dawn every morning.She drives slow to avoid running over the deer and turkeys on the way in.Last week a buck came running down the hillside and used the hood of the car as a steping stone while crossing the road.Didn't do much for the paint job.Luckily I have another can of that color.Gettin bout time for a little pay-back!
Old 12-01-2003, 06:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Although,...

...the days fell strange this year, opening day on a Monday sucks as it would be nice to have a few more hunters to move them, and the weather has been way too warm, but my wife's project kind of caught it self up, and she didn't have to put in this weekend on the computer, so she started the decoration bit for the "holidays, spent the last two days completely in the woods with envy of the little creatures, dressed too light the first day, too heavy yesterday,...

...needed the peace, and solitude, the worldly magic changes when your so far out in the woods, The stillness of it all, watching the small winged, and furry skurry about preparing for winter's white blanket to cover again, dropping accorns, and an occasional whipping gust,...

...Then it's the stalk, the actual hunt, the outwitting of the wild as your every step is marked in silience, step after step as any twig snapped leaves you seeing a white flag bounding away,...

...had a "Tom" 6' away yesterday as we pushed, and the flap of the wings and the powerful takeoff assending away was tremendous, the other of the party of three, who's 18, but proficient, says pheasant, and I said Turkey, He says Turkeys can't fly that high, only this one had JATO's attached, He went up at 30 degrees towards a tall pine without looking back, beautiful sight as your heart jumps from the sudden "frump, frump, frump, of his wings,...

...But alas, back to Monday morning,...

...."carp deim",...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 12-01-2003, 08:38 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SJ

Got pictures?
Open the door on the freezer and take one.

Ron
Old 12-01-2003, 10:08 AM

You weren't out around Lebanon Valley were you? I heard rifle reports all around the house Friday morning.

Happy Hunting!
Kaete
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan