The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2003, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry BLUEHAWK, SCOUT, GIMPY et al

It is my opinion that by rotating crops and piping in water (long distance, if needs must), all comestibles that can be grown - should be grown! If it does not damage the planet, it should be grown to feed her people! "But then, one can not rip immense profits out of an act of kindness or common sense, now can he?!"

The problem as I see it, is greed & absolute power! If there is a buck to be made, some will always say ?Screw The People!? Of course, these same screwers, howl like banshees if it is their own ?Opulently-Odiferous Asses? that suffer even a splinter of discontent! "And this typifies the old double standard at it's most putrid, I suspect!"

This is also the grandfather of all other beastly acts (opinion), and the true and originally contorted - "Trickle-Down Philosophy!" ie: If those on top could give a shit less whether school keeps or not, why should anyone of lesser station care - "The Old Law Of The Urban Jungle and Apathy Personified!"

"Right it is not, condoned and excused away, it often is!" The problem is that politicos are expected to lead by example, and that is exactly what they strive to do - "BAD EXAMPLE!!"

Have you ever wondered why some politicians have so little good to say about each other? Maybe it's because there "IS" so little good to say! And no amount of brass or title, money or power, can turn an abject, lying, and sniveling bastard into a pillar of virtue!! (opinion)

VERITAS
Old 09-11-2003, 03:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HC

Can you translate your earlier post into Texican, or some other language I speak?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

HC -
Would you be suggesting a plan for increasing american agriculture productivity?
Old 09-11-2003, 06:25 PM

HC,

If I'm understanding your commentary, I think you are stating that our politicos will cry only when their pockets have lost money and will only help when they can profit from providing assistance.

I think you're right on. If the politicos cannot profit in helping a foreign land, they will turn a blind eye to any injustices that are taking place. Rawanda is a good example of how we had nothing to gain in helping them, with the exception of doing the right and moral thing, so we turned a blind eye to the thousands of people who were slaughtered in a clan war. Yet, we'll send our troops to other countries to fight because we have a vested interest in their country..
Old 09-11-2003, 07:28 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb BlueHawk

"Ah, and then came the light!!!!!!!!"

?Now, being absolutely confused and beat to the gunnels, you will excuse me while I go back to sleep, won?t you!??

PS: Philly - I loved what you had to say too!!!!

VERITAS
Old 09-12-2003, 01:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Politics 101...

We all know about professional wrestling ( WWF, WWE, or whatever )...remember when you thought it was "REAL" ( some folks never get past this point ...LOL ), when you thought that someone could really get hurt, that they meant all the extremely loud verbal-bullshit that they throw at each other, and that they truly hated each other's putrid guts ? Then it slowly became apparent that before and after the match they were the best of friends, and that everything they did in the ring was scripted ( words, moves, slams, falls, even "injuries", and of course the "winner" ), like a soap opera ? Well, I will let you down very gently...Politics in Washington D.C is the same thing...A BIG SHOW for our entertainment.....think about it.

Larry
Old 09-12-2003, 09:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy SORRY MORTA OLD FRIEND - But I must respectfully disagree!!

Even though these politisizing gents and ladies may close out their day together at the local bistro or bordello (?), there's is always a dead serious undertaking! And unlike mere lawyers, which many of them are under the gout, more than one of these chaps [and chapetts] are irreparably owned by special interests and self ambition! "There are some exceptions of course!!"

The rush of power in fast lane politics, the fortune$ at risk, and the fate of human existence and nations as well, have become the ultimate opiate for to far too many who reside upon Olympus! "Egad, I only wish that what you said were true!"

Wars have begun, fist and verbal fights erupted, and even thoughts of murder have wafted around the house floor for over two and a quarter centuries, during meetings of this esteemed body of wheelers and dealers! Hell, back in the nineteenth century, one member of Congress even attempted to crush the skull of a rival from the opposing party with his cain!!

This is not to say, of course, that some decisions on legislation or a person's fate, was not decided over a shot of barleycorn or behind closed mahogany doors, prior to the fact? Or that projects or the needs of common people [especially veterans] have not been double-crossed through a little legislative bartering before the fact - "IT IS DONE ALL THE TIME, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT, OT EVEN AMERICAN!"!

One thing is for sure though, if our politicos don't start taking what they do seriously, we are all in deep pooh-do (SHIT)! And I blaim us (We The People) for this convenient callousness as much as I do our elected royalty!!

Wheels turn, big money changes hands, and armies die, with just the swish of a political pen! "And to the guy on the pointy end of the stick, that is damned serious indeed!"

"Fear is the foundation of most governments!" John Adams, 2nd President of the United States, 1776

"Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists of in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable!" John Kenneth Galbraith, 1969

"The hand that rules the press, the radio, the screen, and the far-spread magazine rules the country (unfortunately)! Learned Hand [1872-1961], Jurist, 1942

"Many old media hands do not merely report the news, the indeed create it!" (Hardcore - 2003)

And last but not least came these three little words from Congressman Augustus P. Gardner in a speech before Congress on 16 October, 1916: "WAKE UP, AMERICA!!"

"ARE WE AWAKE YET!!" (Hardcore, 12 September 2003)

VERITAS