The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2003, 07:45 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Veteran's Outrage!

Some days ago, I saw a news piece that touted an 8% raise in VA funding. For the record, the VA budget resides away up in the mega-billions!! I, like many of you, then openly applauded this move, figuring that many veterans in dire need of medical care would now be taken care of!?

?Today, however, on Fox News, I saw a pathetic site!? Clearly ill veterans sitting in crowded VA waiting rooms (some for countless hours, as usual), awaiting whatever treatment they could garner - but alas, these were the lucky ones!! This news item then went on to say that an estimated 100,000 new, honorably discharged veterans a year, will be seeking treatment in (what was termed as), an already hard-pressed system?

Well, that?s it - right - ?LIKE HELL IT IS!??

This (news) piece was closely followed by one that outlined the huge chunk of change that had been extracted from the VA Budget for Transportation Department use! I guess that the ?Powers That Be? figure that all of those sick (and maybe even dying) veterans need these brand new, state of the art highways, to sleep along side of as they journey aimlessly in search of justice and the care that they have earned!

Of course, El Presidente has ordered (another media event) the VA to do something to help these beleaguered veterans (I?ll believe it when I see it!?). And with the help of the Almighty, maybe once again - water can be turned into wine, loaves can be multiplied, and fish (actually hamburgers) will appear out of midair to feed the hungry masses of veterans! Of course, a deity will have to perform some type of miracle to accomplish this wonder, for with the economy taking a dump, jobs too (even menial ones) are fast becoming a premium!

Is this piece a calculated shot across the bow of the current administration - HECK NO! If it were the other political party that was (grossly) screwing up economically, I would still ?YELL LIKE HELL!?

Oh I forgot - it was the ?Ghost of Christmas Past? what shit all over the economic pudding- Right?? But not to worry friends, as steady work can always be had in the military, and Uncle Sam never forgets his own! ?The VA and a few politicos, on the other hand, well, that?s another fairytale, for yet another day??

?BROTHER, CAN YOU SPARE A DIME?!?

VERITAS
Old 06-10-2003, 11:17 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Cool

I just came back from one of those centers where I was scolded for not waiting two days for a call back on my legs bleeding internally. It wasn't a big deal they said...just an allergy probably not those chemicals I was exposed to in the 70's even though the red s////t was frightening enough to the nurse she got me right in and previous doctors have told me they didn't know what the hell it was. VA doctors know!!!!!! Gave me some salve of unknown origin and call in 20 days if it isn't cleared up. it's not related to the 2 weeks of dizzy spells etc by the way how's the meds doing I gave you for that? Oh well another day at the vet center. :re:
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

JUDY et al-

Another horror story generated out of our new and improved VA?!

"Get Better Soon!"

VERITAS
Old 06-10-2003, 11:39 AM

Cool

Thanks! I've been reading some of the other posts and find it amazing the self-righteous folks who brag that "some of us don't need government." These are the same people collecting pensions because of their government and they got theirs and what they are really saying is i got mine and to heck with you. And the sad thing is they are vets. God knows those of us who find ourselves in this VA system sick and in need of care paid our dues too many of us more so than others but the truth is we are all vets. What's right is right. If the military damaged us they should make it partially right not treat us like dirt and give us a hard time. They can never give back to me the life that was taken and I'm sure others feel the same or the health. Id gladly trade. Shame to the VA and the government that won't take care of its vets and then asks the ultimate of them...some of us die later that's all and a piece at a time. Thanks Hardcore!
Old 06-10-2003, 02:59 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE & JudyV...

I'm sorry,...even though I know it's not my place to apologize for the asinine behavior of mismanagers, beaurocrats and/or politicos. But, and damn-it-all, someone should apologize to all Honorable Veterans in need that are perpetually waltzed-around instead of being properly cared-for.

And besides, shouldn't all having Honorably Served Country HAVE BETTER MEDICAL CARE than that normally given people on Welfare, or even those having the very best of Medical Insurance Coverage? I most certainly think so.

After all, Welfare types get the best available medical care ONLY because of Public Funding, and those having the best of Medical Insurance Coverage ONLY have such because paid for monthly by large corporations, or just simply rich. Whereas any medical care required for All Honorable Veterans has already been PRE-PAID FOR IN BLOOD, year after year after year.

So, and given the absolute truth of the matter, it stands to reason that all those having stood-up and be counted by Their Country when needed, should have infinitely BETTER MEDICAL CARE than those whom DID NOT. Well, that's what I think anyway.

Still, and if into that fairness and equality bit,...I'm flexible. Though, and since not hearing such horror stories from Welfare Types in medical need,...I still believe currently forcing Veterans in need to be 1/2 lawyers to receive needed medical attention IS A SIN.

Neil
Old 06-10-2003, 03:04 PM

Hey Judy,

Ever watch that movie called Article 99 - after I watched that I said to hell with that - If you feel bad and need to go and don't make a phone - who cares!!

You go to the office and they will give you hell (I know) but you go anyway its your life and they sure as hell aren't going to toss you out in front of all those witnesses.

Don't you worry you go and if you have any problems let us know we can surely write enough letter's to those people to let them know we won't take this crap and how the media would love a story such as this!!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-10-2003, 04:05 PM

Unhappy

Thanks Neil and Boats for the encouragement! I did feel pretty bad after the lecture but I'm still sick as a dog but that's par for the course. You're right to be treated like you shouldn't be there and your sick to boot is hard and then to be treated like its all in your head when other doctors through the years have told you different. They make you feel like crap! It's just not right. You're right we don't get treated as good as welfare recipients. We get treated like hell like I was treated when I was in in the Vietnam Era...like baggage! Now that I think of it...nothings changed. I think its the same doctors! :cd: :re:
Old 06-10-2003, 07:47 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

"ARTICLE 99 REVISITED"

Boats, Recon, Judy etc;

Damned Straight - and something else too - when, some time back, I used the analogy of Article 99 to a denizen of a VA Director's office, he liked to have come unglued! It was unfair of me, he bellowed, to compare a mere (fictional??) movie to the TLC that he claimed was available to "ALL VETERANS" at your compassionate, neighborhood VARO! "I damned near chocked upon that one!!"

It's like my youngest son once said: "By pushing movies like Article 99, Conspiracy Theory, Enemy of The State and Wag The Dog etc., down the throats of the gullible public, the government desensitizes us into believing that 'This Is All Hollywood', and things like this are just pure fantasy!?"

Granted, a lot of the bullshit intertwined in these movies is pure crap, but enough fact is contained there- so that this (fact) too is dismissed as just more paranoia and nonsense along with the BS!?

I have in the past offered up portions of documents such as DAIG-IN 21-75, COS 385 and the Church Senate Report of 1977 on Experimentation. All of these outlined the government, the military, Intel., and the private sector's involvement in clandestine experimentation upon the unwitting, medical abominations large and small, cover-ups that are not to be believed, and even worse! These documents were attained through the "Freedom of Information Act", and with the help of a former president no less!

These documents are, needless to say, disgusting to most, frightening for some, and enlightening to all, and at the same time! Really surprising, however, was the fact that only 27 copied of DAIG-IN 21-75 had been requested, even in government circles, at the time when I requested a copy, a full two decades after the thing was published!?

When I attempted to use this document to bolster my own case for benefits, at least one Congressman and a VARO etc., had me make them a copy, as they were totally unaware of it or it's contents, all 300 pages of it, along with the shocking revelations that it contained!

Most of those who's attention I did called to this document, could not be bothered or they could give a shit less! Even worse, not so veiled threats flowed freely from some, even a former friend (?) or two! "Apparently, the truth is a scary thing to some people!?"

"Now tell me again about truth and justice, won't you!?"

Hang-tough and Veritas
Old 06-11-2003, 07:35 AM

Unhappy

I would be very interested in locating that Church Senate report of 1977 on experimentation since my group was one of those it seems. we were going to make history! We disappeared from history! I know about those veiled threats as I've had a few myself thrust upon me. Gotta see that movie. As my friends joke I'm not paranoid I know they are out to get me! You can bet the VA didn't read that 300 pages. did they send them back to you or comment on the evidence? I'm curious.