The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2005, 01:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Congrats!!!! James.....There's a bunch of us that can relate to the importance of clean clothes, breakfast and an occasional ..............What was that third thing?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2005, 02:35 PM

James:

Congrats! Been a long time-- hope to see you in April. I'll be with the Northeast delegation this year.

Frisco:

Can't wait to hear how your trip went!!!

Love & Kisses,

Grace of the North
Old 11-13-2005, 02:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking James,

Going to be down your way over Thanksgiving. Best wishes.
Watch out for those women named Sue. They are the mean ones. I know, My wife "Sue" has been beating me regularly for 36 years. Seriously, those Sues are a pretty, sweet, and animal lovers. That's why they love us!

My Brother lives in Myrtle Point, OR. Going there for Thanksgiving. Will be driving right past you.

Keith
Old 11-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Tom & Kath .... have fun and stay safe

James..... three times a charm huh? Some say three strikes and your out!!!!! Congrats to the both of you

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 11-14-2005, 04:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink The Big Adventure Continues

Okay. We made it from Seoul to Saigon. Landed at Tan Son Nhut about 11:40 last night. After going through immigration, customs, etc., we got to the Duxton Hotel about 12:30 AM. BTW, the temperature when we landed was about 80F.

Got up about 8:00 AM to see that it had rained during the night. Didn't cool anything down, though. After our free all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast, we went out to the bank to do some currency swapping; 15,900 Dong/$1.00. Came back to the hotel to meet with our tour service rep to pay her, verify the itinerary, vehicle [Mercedes van], and what is covered by them and us. Basically, the only things we pay for is lunch, dinner, drinks, and souveniers.

Spent the rest of the day shopping and eating. We splurged on dinner at a steakhouse called AMIGO'S next door to the hotel. I had a sirloin steak slit like an envelope and stuffed with baby oysters, and all the trimmings. Kath had a giant prawn about the size of a small lobster and all the trimmings. Throw in 3 drinks and desert, and we were looking at about $30.00 bucks. Numbah 1 chop-chop. Lots of beef meals available here. It's imported from the U.S., Australia, and Argentina. Had a great cheese and mushroom burger for lunch. With 2 Tiger Beers, it was about $6.00.

Tomorrow morning, we're headed out for The Delta. Will spend the night in Can Tho. Really looking forward to doin' The Delta. I've never been before. Of course, will check in with you from the hotel internet tomorrow night.

Andy: I'll check and see if anyone knows the name of the Duxton back in the day. It's about 3 blocks towards the river from the Rex Hotel on Nguyen Hue street.

Talk at ya later, boys and girls.

Tom and Kath.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:11 AM

Keith, James:

Just remember, as I'm sure MK would tell you: Sue is a verb!!!

GM
Old 11-15-2005, 05:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks

Thanks for the congrats gang. I didn't want to horn in on Toms adventure by changing the subject.
Keith: We'll be in the Bay Area from Nov 22 to Nov 27. The wedding is at my brothers house in Rohnert Park. ut I'm eager to see the new you, less 115 lbs. Any more and if you stand sideways and stick yr tongue out, you'll look like a zipper!

Gracie: "Sue is a verb" You are SO not kidding!

Andy, Fred, John, Bob, Gracie,
Thanks Guys--wish I could invite you all but no doubt you'd turn it into a huge drunken brawl. I know VN Vets, oh yes.
But there'll be VN vets there for sure, just with their wives to keep tabs on them so they don't get frisky
Thanks again all, see you in GA
James
Old 11-16-2005, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James!

Been off the net helping a buddy who's going through an ugly divorce.....something you may know something about for sure!

Congratulations.....how wonderful that you are taking the plundge again. Looking so forward to seeing you at Psyco Mtn, if the new wife lets you go, and as of right now the Pighmpr says he's a comin'.

Have fun on your very special day and Happy Thanksgiving!

Abu!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-18-2005, 12:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James
Myself, like the rest of the guys are truely hurt that you would think that a bunch of god-fearin' vets would show up at your wedding and turn it into a "drunkin' brawl". (there might be little disturbances throughout the day but definitely not a "drunkin brawl") I can honestly say its been 19 hours since I had a drink and I know for a fact its been longer for Andy. (Cant say much for the rest of the drunks and pot-heads) I guess I'll return the BMW I got you for a wedding present

Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-18-2005, 03:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Congratulations James !!

Larry