The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2003, 07:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Question 1st car you ever owned

Gas prices post got me thinking about this. My first car was a 56 Plymouth with an automatic shifter on the dash. Paid $75 for it. Cut off the roof with a hack saw.Every time I filled up I added 3 quarts of oil. In the fall I had to leave for college so I took it to another town and set it on fire in a big parking lot. Had some great times in that car
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2003, 07:41 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Tooo much

So was mine, Tan and white with 2 speed push button automatic. Was a 4 door and bought it from my dad for $100. Left it on a side street in OKC when I went into the Army.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:42 AM

Default My first car

was a 1958 Volvo PV-544. Black 2 door with 4 on the floor and twin amal-monobloc side draft carbs. Took a Vette in a drag at Atco Speedway when he missed a shift. GR8 car. Gave it to my cousin Debbie when it had 200,000 miles on it and she put another 100,000 on it before she got rid of it.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:16 AM

'56 ford with 3 on the tree and OD. 292 V8 I think. Factory dual exhaust that exited thru the back bumper. Paid $125 for it. It was a 4 door custom 500, I ended up owning 3 '56 fords. Couldn't afford the '56 chev.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post 58 Ford

Paid $350 for it. It only had 65.000 miles. Drove it until I got married.

Bought it in 64, Sold it in 69. Had it for five years.

Keith
Old 02-27-2003, 08:58 AM

I had a 52 Dodge with hydro-drive (paid $50 bucks for it) and then I bought a 60 Pontiac (paid $550.00 for it) that came stock from the factory with 3-duces. Next I went to a 65 Rivera (paid $2500.00 for it, then a 1967 & 1969 Buick GS350 & 400) then I got 69 Chevy (large block) then I went into trucks - 71 Ford, 65 K-5, an ugly Surbuban (my kids didn't want me to take them to school in, and my latest piece of work is a 96 Jeep V-8.

I'm sure I missed a few inbetween. None new - have never had a brank spanking new vehicle. Just couldn't see paying those kind of prices.

I hope someday to own a Hummvee.

I sure like working on them. I also liked rebuilding them from the frame up. If anyone has any old auto manuals they don't want send them to me I collect them.

I have one that goes back to 1936 its my favorite. Contact me if you want to send me any info.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 02-27-2003, 09:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

66 Chevy pick up. Real piece of crap but got me to school and back. Was always too embarrassed to drive it on the strip on Saturday night.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-27-2003, 10:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

[...]
Old 02-27-2003, 01:32 PM

Default 1st car

1952 Pontiac 2 door . Damn thing was an automatic, but with no park just the RNDL, drive down the road at 20 mile per hour and throw it in reverse and wouldnt hurt it.

Dad gave it to me on my 16th BD.

enough.............
Old 02-27-2003, 03:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

First car was a 49 ford 2 door business coupe. It had a flathead 8 and three on the collum, I worked all summer to buy that car. man I was 12 feet tall when I drove to school during my senior year. I had wheels and it was all mine. My chicken s#%t little brother forged my name and sold it while I was overseas. You can pick friends but relatives come as they are. Oh well one dream shatters and a new one comes along bought a 66 Mercury Cyclone GT with a 390 and four on the floor man what a car.. It never ran the same after I wrapped it around a tree after having Jack Danials for breakfest on cold november day.