The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Active Duty > Active Duty Appreciation

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2003, 09:35 AM

Wink Special thanks for Chinese Friend in Gulf Area

We've got a Chinese restraurant in town like everyone else and I've been going there for years. I know the old man, his wife and have watech his three kids grow up as well.

The oldest daughter's went into the Army about three years ago and is now in the Gulf area (classified).

They of course are all Chinese and great people. I won't mention their names as they might not like it to be known. But when his daughter gets back into town I'm going to give her a big hug from all of us and thank her for her service to this country.

Her younger sister, brother and the whole family is worried about her safety and can't understand why she (sister/daugher) is considering to reup for another hitch.

I told them that her sister/daugher was as safe as they can make it. But that our Country was proud of her sister/daughter and that Uncle Sam takes care of their own and her fellow soldier's will watch her back as she watches theirs. They are scared for her like all families everwhere and it must be difficult since there is nothing they can do or anthing that they have any control over.

I mentioned to the younger sister/daughter that its far better to fight the problem overseas than to have a battle here in our own backyards. They agreed.

I thought this was interesting here is a typical Chinese family born in China comes to the states has three kids born here and one of the three is now serving this Country in the U.S. Army.

People's from of other countries come here they get their citzenship and raise their families. Now their kids are fighting for other's because they want to do the right thing and because they love this country and don't want to see its freedoms lost.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2003, 02:53 PM

We will add her to our prayer chain.

Old 03-18-2003, 03:15 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Boats,

You tell them that you have friends that also say thank you to her and to them.

Maybe you caught the story of the young man who had friends that were killed when an embassy in Africa was blown to bits by bin laden cohorts. He came to the United States and is now in uniform serving in the gulf. He said it was something he had to do for his friends.

Godspeed toboth ofthem...

Arrow>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-18-2003, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Great post Boats. So true. Just go head and hug one of them and say Thank You from me. My daughter and the Vietnamese woman next door , who doesn't speak English , hug in the street every once in awhile. Lights up the street.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:12 AM

I guess we'd have to say this is what the United States is all about. It' s a melting pot of people from all nations and religions who are will to sacrafice their kids or themselves in order to maintain the American ideals and freedoms they all want to have.

I pray for all peoples everywhere to make this world a safe place without terror and hunger. To rid ourselves of tyrants and those who would hurt other's just because they can.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"