The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default LT and I run into fakes all the time

I not long ago I met a guy who claimed to be a SF SOG recon guy, Had a SF patch on his biker vest. left in a hurry after I pinned him on some questions. Then there was the marine who claimed to be VN era Recon marine. Left when I called him a liar ready to punch his lights out. Then there was the 25th ID Mech infantry pathfinder LT and I met one day. The medal of honor winner that left when I told him my cousin was a PH MOH winner and I was going to go look up his name and stomp him if he wasn't. Just last week met these two guys claimed to be VN vets and were in PTSD and Drug treatment and could I buy them a beer to help calm down the jitters. Funny they didn't know where the mental health clinic was at the VA. Funny they didn't know where the VA hospital was.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2005, 11:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The only person that has ever come to prominence that was in the same Navy Operation I was in just ran for Pres. He never mentioned the things we were supposed to be doing but, instead, the things we not supposed to be doing, especially going nose to nose and toes to toes in slug fests with B40 rockets, yikes, bad news bottle rockets. It was a mega bad dog for doing that, for sure.
Maybe things ran differently down south in III and IV Corps, I have no idea. But it was fun to hear the stories of daring-do and wonder how much was real and how much was amplification for the sake of dramatization. But alas, Navy Operation Market Time got a workout and some exposure so we?ll just take what we can get I suppose.

Scamp
Old 08-16-2005, 12:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Did you wonder why people who hated the war and shunned us, now wanna be apart of it....Doesn't make sense to me
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:22 PM

It's the in thing to do, go figger.
razz
Old 08-16-2005, 12:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Razz...where the hell you been? I know your leave was not scheduled for that long! Good to see you on the boards!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default comment

Bob, you know that if ladies don?t get turned on by men who are authority figures then they get warm for ?bad boys?. ?I was in that nasty old war and you don?t want to know what I did?. That would be a bad boy.

Sid, a Mech path finder, that?s good, very good. When you run into an airborne Mech dude who jumped in Nam while in his track let me know, I want to slap him too.

Frisco, That bar where you could never pay, could I have the name and address. You don?t get free beers in this state, not for being a vet.

As some of you know, I?m a very easy going person. But one night at a place called the Brass Cat a guy sat down next to me. He started telling the cute bar maid about his company making secret missions into Laos. He said he was with the 9th. Asked him not to sit next to me in a somewhat loud voice. Then he asked why I was anti-vet, then it got ugly.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Vets and VN

Gen Wesmoreland , (I was told) gave the 1/35 inf a rope to wear on there left sholder I wore one just like all the guys that went home the same time I did. The rope is very distinct. Its red,Green and brown, anyway, I was in this VFW one time and this guy comes in with his dress uniform on, He had an infantry rope on (light blue) and the rope I was told Westmoreland issued us. He had his trousers bloused and a 25th patch on his right shoulder. I asked him if he was with the 1/35 and he said no he was in the 1st cav? I then anounced to the bar that this guys was full of shit and proceeded to tell that he was not airborne but had his trousers bloused and he had a 25th patch on his right shoulder but he says he was in the Cav and the rope, well we didn't even go there. He left the bar.

I will never understand why guys do that.

Ron
Old 08-16-2005, 03:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I guess I shouldn't tell you guys I was an airbourne x-ray tech. Instead of Geronimo our guys yelled, "Take in a deep breath and hold it!" Suffocated many an enemy that way. Got all the girls, too. They said we were "Rad".
Old 08-17-2005, 03:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Needed a good laugh this a.m before we go to the Vets. Thanks everyone....and Doc.....what a hoot.

Quick story. When I was a biker, Tubby and I were in a bar with a pool table and one we, as a club, frequented. Tubby drove a truck and also did collections for the local Mafia. His fists were as big as my head. He also dodged the draft....he says, but his number just never came up. Anyway some dude was shooting pool and telling everyone he was an Air Force Ranger in Vietnam. Tubby ended up playing with the the guy. While he and Tubby were playing, the dude kept up with this Air Force Ranger thing and 21 confirmed kills, blah, blah, blah. I finally asked him where he was in Vietnam. "All over", he says. I said, well you had to have a main base to work out of.....where in Vietnam was it. His answer, wait for it.....you'll love it....."TAIWAN" he says. I immediately called him a friggin' liar. Tubby, who wasn't real bright ask me why I was so upset. When I told him he began to break the cue stick over the dudes head and chased him from the bar saying "I was never there, but Goddammit you don't lie about a thing like that!" It was a fun evening.

See y'all in a few days.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-17-2005, 04:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Unhappy Tom

Sorry for the loss of your cat. Sneak up to Atlanta if you get a chance. Your always welcome at my house