The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Cool They're gonna get lost

They're used to turning left but today they gotta turn right too.
Boogity, Boogity, BOOGITY
Ain't no way I'm gonna miss this one.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2006, 03:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I always liked Sears point raceway or Sonoma Thats what us down here call it The other track I never miss watching a Race is the Watkins Glen raceway ,always nice to have a race at a track with ones last name attached to it My other Favorite track is Pocono with its famed Tri-oval. All three tracks require skilled driving over engineering. I think T Lab is doing great today leading some laps and now in 2nd place with 6 laps to go. I hope he has enough fuel and he passes that 24 car for the win! good luck to Texas Terry and the DLP team. Now if only Riverside and N.Wilksburrow were still running races like in the old days.....
Old 06-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Peace of crap Jeffy Gordon

Won.
Tony Stewart Got what he deserved. Terry Labonty was a breath of fresh air for the underdog. I hope Boris kicks stewarts ass.
All in all a good race, except having to turn right made them use there brains a little, Thats not good for Nascar people.
Ron
Old 06-25-2006, 07:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Geee golly wilikers,...

...A Chevrolet won,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Chevy

Jeff gordon is arguably the best road course racer in Nascar. That don't mean the field (Fords vs Chevys) is level. I would love for the Cars not to have any handycaps but thats Nascars call and the France family.
One year Chevy won 14 races, Jeff Gordon won 13 of them.
Yes Jeffy is a good driver, I just remember him when he raced sprint cars and the cars didn't have any advantage over each other. He also didn't do very well in Bush, The France family want him and Dale Jr to win so , Wall-la he has a excelent car.
Theres a reason why all those Ford teams switched to Chevys. Its hard to race when the owner of the race says that some of you have to also drag a cow with you.
Nascar does what it does for Nascar first then the Fans then the sponcers then the team owners then the manufacturers. Nascar also has a huge stake in Exxon and GM , it don't take a genious to figure out that Nascar would like Chevy to win.
Take last year,
The last race Tony was about to go a lap down and with that loose the Nascar championship for him and Chevy, Jack Roush was about to win his third straight Nascar Championship and Nascar throws a Yellow flag for debre in turn 4, No one even went out to turn 4 to fake picking up something, Tony didn't go a lap down and finished 11th or something like that , just enough to win the chanpionship for Chevy. Same exact crap that Dale Earnheart used to do.
Look at yesterdays race, Terry Labonty Had 50 laps on his car without refuleing at the end of the race, Somehow he found 4 gallons of fuel in his Chevy, now I wonder how he did that? Maybe a little help in Tec inspection? Nahhh Chevys won cause there better, Yea right.
Ron
Old 06-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Re: Chevy

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Jeff gordon is arguably the best road course racer in Nascar Ron
"Martha, I'm comen home" I totally agree with you Ron, Jeff is the best today for tracks that have left AND right turns.
Used to work races with Lake Erie Race Communications in my younger years and mostly at Mid-Ohio and Nelsons Ledges. Both road courses. I've only been to one oval where I was called "sum sort of commmmmuuuuuunist" by a red-neck when I made the comment "I don't know why he doesn't retire" referring to Richard Petty who was running his normal 6th or 7th place, holding up traffic at MIS oval. Today the best seat in the house is on the sofa with the remote for the VCR in your hand fast forwarding through the commercials and rewinding the good stuff. Took me 10 hours to watch Sears Point and the best man won.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:47 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Chevy and France family

Nascar is doing something right, Just look at the stands, That don't mean I have to agree with them.
Nascar handycaps that Fords and that ain't right. Its good business but it ain't right. Richard Petty was the king of the Cheaters in his day, (he says so) He was the one that filled his roll bar system with gas, He left the carb gasket loose and over jetted the carb so half way through the gasket ould come apart and he would gain 25-30 HP. He was the first to do so many things that are today illegal that its hard to even count them. On the other hand, in his day, Richard only had one equal, (pearson)

I wish that nascar would put on one (just One) race that was totaly fair to all manufacturers. They run there own Production engines Transmissions and rearends. Body pannels come off the shelf from that dealership, No wings, no spoilers , front or rear.

I would be willing to bet that there wouldn't be a Chevy in the top 20, Thats how much the Fords are handycaped.

The engines are probibly the biggest handy cap. Chevy gets to run there LS2 enging with a carb and Ford has to run an enging they haven't made in 10 years, Basicly the Cleveland motor.
And the Ford are still getting more HP out of that old engine that the chevys,