The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2005, 10:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Vietnam Widow's Book

I have on "old" family friend whose husband was killed in Vietnam. She has written a book.
"SACRED SHADOW - SACRED GROUND "

Its about her life as a Vietnam Widow.

You can review it on: www.tworainbowspublishing.com

I would think it would be a book well worth reading.

Glenda is just one sweet "kid". Her older brothers and I kinda of grew up together. We went hunting and fishing together, etc. A great family.

We had lost contact with each other over the years but we both showed up at a funeral for a mutual family friend a few months ago. We chatted for quite awhile after the funeral. That's when she told me she was in the process of writing a book.

Check it out.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2005, 08:53 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Glenda,

I noticed you loggedon tothe site and just wanted to say you have a lot ofcourage to put your feelings out there to be judged by the world. May your healing continue. I wonder how many of us destroyed letters. I did. All of them. And sang up every song that driver knew! I pray your book opens up a flood gate of healing waters to a whole lot of wounded hearts. May you continue to walk a path of peace even when thestorm rolls in and those cold winds begin to blow. May He hold you in the palm of His hand and protect you.

Welcome to Patriot Files and Welcome Home,

Arrow>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-26-2005, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Sis,

Thank you for welcoming Glenda.
She is a wonderful and special lady.

I think her book is a must read for all who went to Vietnam and want to know how the loss of soldier affects the home front. Glenda is a brave lady.

I guess Glenda and I knew each other from the time we were little kids. Like I said, She is a few years younger than myself. I alway hung around her with her brothers. But we were raised in the same country church and all apart of that church family.

Keith
Old 05-26-2005, 09:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Glenda Welcome here and Welcome Home. Thank you.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Welcome Aboard Glenda !!!

May God Bless !

As for destroying letters...my sister said my Mom cried every night I was in Vietnam..when I got back she burned all my letters.....

Larry
Old 05-26-2005, 10:11 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

My brother had photograph albums filled with pictures of the faces of those wounded that were brought to the Repose before and after they were put back together (he was the Maxio-Facial surgery tech). He was moreproud of his sevice to his brothers on that ship than anything else he ever did before or after. At one point in his journey he took those photos out and burned them all.The poems he wrote on the shipprobably would have been burned with those pictures had he had his hands on them.I was always sad that he burned those pictures becausethey represented the very bestin my brother.Buthe didn't have to explain why he would do such a thing. Iknew.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-26-2005, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Glenda
Thank you and welcome aboard.....and thanks for sharing your good friend Keith with us....
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 06-01-2005, 07:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Glenda says:

Glenda is having trouble posting on Patriotfiles. She has contacted David and is trying to work it out whatever the problem may be.

However, she sent me an e-mail this morning and wanted to say thank you for your wonderful responses.

You have made her feel welcome. Thank you.

Keith
Old 06-01-2005, 11:39 AM

I want to thank all of you for your warm welcome. I am grateful for having found so many wonderful people.
Thank you Keith for recommending and sharing this site with me.

I hope to be able to communicate further with each of you. I'm learning that connecting with other people is a very healing activity.
It was a very HARD journey to complete my book Sacred Shadow, Sacred Ground. I knew it was a worthwhile journey after I received a phone call from the mother of one of the Marines that died with my husband. She had read the book and simply said, "It helped me to find closure" She confirmed my belief that this book is not just about and for me. Each time I receive a message from someone who has read the book it reminds me that my years of living in "survival" mode was not wasted after-all. God used every detail of my life to get me to where I am today.
There is still a lot of pain out there so I hope that through this connection the book will be used to help other's as they travel their personal life journey. It is an account of my healing journey but it is not just my story.....There are thousands and thousands of hearts that still need to find their way home.
Thanks again everyone!!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Welcome, Glenda. You are among friends.