The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 AM

Angry Colonel Lies About Vietnam Service

An Army Reserve Colonel by the name of James Scales, a faculty member of Southern Illinois Universty, was recently interviewed by the local newspaper. He elaborated about his combat record in Vietnam, including how he was afraid and how tough it was in combat.

The jerk never touched the soil in Vietnam. In fact, he never served in the Far East. I know, because with the assistance of Doug Sterner in Colorado, his military record was retrieved. It showed a tour in Europe, and summer camps in Camp McCoy, but no Vietnam service.

This guy had the audacity to have a color photo made in uniform which showed he was a Transportation Officer. On his chest he wore a CIB--and we all know you must have served in the Infantry for at least 6 months in combat to earn the Combat Infantryman's Badge. Then the worst of all, his display of ribbons started with the Purple Heart medal.

As a former Vietnam vet, with two Purple Hearts and a Silver Star, I take exception with men like this who prance around telling war stories and wearing medals they didn't earn. That was his way of gaining attention, I guess.

Well, he's getting more attention than he wanted. I contacted the FBI and turned him in because he violated the Stolen Valor Act recently passed by Congress making it a Federal Offense to wear medals not earned. He faces a stiff fine and prison time.

I also sent a letter to the president of Southern Illinois University telling the president he had a bogus faculty member. Finally, I contacted the local newspaper and TV station and they all hopped on the story right away.

By now Colonel James Scales is probably very sorry he tried to imitate a combat soldier. I hope he gets his just rewards!

I urge all Patriot Files members to contact Doug Sterner at (719)564-1755 or email him at homeofheroes.com when you discover some one faking his military record or wearing medals he did not earn. Doug and his wife, who worked for Congressman Salazar, wrote the legislation that became the Stolen Valor Act. Doug welcomes your input.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ranger Ray,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, as I'm sure most other: "TRUE Patriots" will concur.
Besides,...no one likes phonies of whatever stripe,...except likely other phonies.

Neil
Old 01-29-2009, 09:03 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ranger Ray

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If (I should say when ) you need any similar assistance in the future, feel free to call on us.

Because you didn't check in in the usual way...

Welcome and thank you for your service.

Darrel & Joy
Old 01-29-2009, 12:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ranger Ray,

Nice work. There is enough pain and suffering that has been bought and paid for by real Vets that bastiches like that need to feel and understand what pain and suffering is all about.

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 01-29-2009, 12:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to coachman
Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thanks for turning this scumbag in

-Juvenal
C.50-C.130

“Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government
that requires every citizen to prove
they are insured……but not everyone
must prove they are a citizen.”
Old 01-29-2009, 12:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Don't talk the talk if you haven't walked the walk!
Honor must be earned; not stolen.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:03 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thank you Ray.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 01-30-2009, 06:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ranger Ray

ATTAWAYTAGO! Here at PF, we have dealt with several wannabees, so are very familiar with the "outing" process. Your method worked exceptionally well, for which I commend you.

There is a special place in Hell for wannabees.

America deserves better.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-30-2009, 07:49 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

And that place in hell castrates all entrants in the recieving line..Good on ya, Ray!

Peace,Griz