The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2003, 08:09 AM

"Until I'm convinced I?m wrong, I consider the pilots to be at the wrong end of a sequence of disastrous events, but the most likely goats. If there was no pilot briefing about the Canadian Operation or if the AWACS didn?t have the Canadian AO well marked off and if the US Jets and the Canadian forces didn?t have a commo link up, then I? going to have a lot of issues with seeing the pilots take the hit. This is very basic and well-known procedural stuff. But we?ll see what comes out. "

Seascamp... I agree withyou 100% !

Jeff: lol you should know Janie better than that! lolol
but ya can tell me too! I won't tell!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2003, 09:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

These things happen, will happen and have happened since the done of time. It is a very terrible thing, but until every allied soldier, vehicle, aircraft and building is equiped with an IFF sensor I am afraid they will continue to happen.

For those of you who have seen the fog of war in action, you understand how it happens. Those of you who have not seen it, will never understand. On todays battlefield things move very rapidly. A unit is in one location now, fast movers go and reload and now the unit is 15 - 30 klicks away from their previous location. How can one or two men be expected to keep up with all units while avoiding, locating and closing with the enemy while avoiding SAMS, AAA and other aircraft? I think it is remarkable that it has only happened once thus far in this campaign.

Sue, I am very sorry for your country's loss.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 01-16-2003, 09:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default JeffL...

No-BIG(?)-deal, Jeff. My curiosity was just sort-of an Ayetalian thing. God, my cousin in Frisco hates it when I refer to Italians as: "Ayetalians". I think it even bothers him more than my calling San Franthisco (Castilian or Bennet pronunciation): "Frisco" everywhere, when out there visiting.

But then, who-the-hell-cares? Even though a thoroughbred (ie. not a breed), I'm an American. No ifs, ands, or buts (hyphens either). Besides, I'm an Equal Opportunity B-Buster, and say: "Screw ANYONE of whatever gender, race, religion or ethnicity that believe themselves so superior or are even so overly sensitive about such, in that they can't take-a-joke.

Besides, and since not a patronizing politico (by a country mile), why-the-hell would I even want to waste my time rubbing elbows with such whom place gender, racial, religious or ethnic superiority above all else (even America). This American just loves His Country. Also, I'm not a Political Reverend.

Neil

P.S. Still, and regarding: "Jars", it would be quite enlightenig if someone were to eventually fess-up. Any embarassment aside, I personally promise not to hold "It" against you.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:37 AM

Neil, please.....come out of your shell. You'll feel a lot better if you just open up and tell us how you feel.

"...promise not to hold "It" against you." That's when the trouble began. When "it" was held against me.

You can call me anything, but don't call me late for supper!

Jeff
Old 01-19-2003, 01:49 PM

Default Pilot 'did what he had to do' that night

The Sun-Herald, Sydney. Sunday Jan19 2003