The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2019, 08:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Man's Best Friend

3-24-2019

Some say that King Frederick of Prussia [1712-1786] was the first to say that “Man’s best friend is his dog?” Now Dear Old Frederick just happened to have been a king for some two centuries before I was born, but for the record, there are still a great many people out there who are treated like dogs, and this to this very day, roughly two hundred eighty years later and that is (in my opinion) a travesty of the first order!

Another little tidbit of nearly useless tripe (opinion) and one that occupied part of the headlines in today’s newspapers, was an item claiming (and I partially quote) that: “Congresswoman Pelosi vows to reject classified briefing on Mueller Report?” And if this is true, then I ask you:

What in the Hell was the use of compiling this sizeable mountain of “Useless Paperwork” to begin with? I mean, if the agenda’s and minds of our government were already made-up before the fact, then why even bother going through the motions, the expense or the time to begin with?

Or could it be that Trump’s time (and our time as well) is being chewed-up in increments by every bit of sow-excrement that can be passed through the pig’s gut, and this in an effort to exhaust the current presidency (with as little being accomplished as possible), in order to sweeten the path for who ever runs against Trump in the next go around and this with little or no concern for the damage that is being done to “Our Great Nation” and her people for generations that are yet to come! (Just a Thought?)

Hardcore
Old 03-24-2019, 09:34 AM

HC

It will be whatever it will be - and that will be the reply.
Time's are changing and we've seen a lot of those.
Us old timers just roll with the punches no matter whose pitching.
I may see one or two more Presidential elections in my life but after that it's a crap shoot as to what will be.
I'd like to see a world without wars.
I'd like to see the excitement we had during the Apollo missions.
I want Peace on Earth but it won't be in my lifetime.
I'm tired of many things least of all these political issues that never cease to go away.

I'm tired of reading;
a. Our soldiers are being killed almost everyday.
b. I'm tired of people killing randomly in the name - of God only knows what!
c I thought racism would have already been accepted - but know it lives on.
d. I'm tired of watching our world environment taking a dump and it seems nobody cares?
e. I'm tired of seeing people living in the streets - why?
f. I"m tired of being told - there is no cure!
g. Man's inhumanity to others is absolutely sickening and it never ceases to exist.

We (the People's of this Earth) are doomed to self-destruct over issues that have gone on since man walked this earth.

If we could just focus on the betterment of mankind, to not have war or conflicts.

This planet Earth is all we have and we're killing it - mankind will cease to exist.
And guess what - We Did It.

I don't think in the beginning this was the Almighties Plan!

Man's inhumanity towards others must be our biggest flaw. We've battled each other since man walked on this earth. We can be so damn creative and yet be so cruel to one another.

If this is our legacy - it will be our downfall. So let it be written!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:23 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

https://news.yahoo.com/nancy-pelosi-...021318959.html

Nancy Pelosi Vows To Reject Classified Briefing On Mueller Report
[HuffPost]
Amanda Terkel
HuffPost•March 24, 2019

Democrats in Congress are gearing up for a fight to ensure that special counsel Robert Mueller’s findings are made public, calling for the release of the full report.

On Friday, Mueller submitted his report to Attorney General William Barr, who now has to determine what to do with the conclusions from the 22-month investigation that resulted in charges against 34 people. As a start, he is expected to send lawmakers a summary of the findings as early as Sunday.

Democrats are pushing for transparency on the report, pressuring Barr to release as much information as possible.

“Now that Special Counsel Mueller has submitted his report to the Attorney General, it is imperative for Mr. Barr to make the full report public and provide its underlying documentation and findings to Congress,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said in a joint statement.

Pelosi also held a call with her caucus Saturday afternoon, in which she vowed to oppose any classified briefings for members, according to a person on the call. She said any briefing from the Justice Department must be unclassified so that lawmakers are free to talk publicly about the findings.

Mueller was tasked with looking at whether there was Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. What is known about his report is that it doesn’t recommend any new indictments.

Although the lack of further indictments was a relief to President Donald Trump’s allies, the investigations will continue. Federal and state prosecutors are still pursuing about a dozen probes that largely grew out of Mueller’s work, and Congress continues to look into matters surrounding Trump.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, made the case for his continued inquiry in a statement Friday.

“Pursuant to the Special Counsel regulations, Mueller’s report is likely to focus on his prosecutorial decisions and may not shed necessary light on counterintelligence findings of profound significance to our committee and the nation — whether the President or others around him have been compromised by a foreign power,” Schiff said, adding that by law, “the evidence he has uncovered on all counterintelligence matters must now be shared with the House Intelligence Committee, whether it resulted in indictment or not.”

And there’s a chance that Mueller could find that Trump engaged in unlawful activity ― whether conspiring with Russia or obstructing an investigation into the matter ― but decided not to indict him because of the Justice Department’s view that a sitting president cannot be indicted.

On Friday, the Democratic chairs of the six House committees conducting Mueller-related investigations warned Barr not to conceal any evidence of misconduct by Trump just because it didn’t result in an indictment.

“To be clear, if the Special Counsel has reason to believe that the President has engaged in criminal or other serious misconduct, then the Justice Department has an obligation not to conceal such information,” they wrote. “The President must be subject to accountability and if the Justice Department is unable to do so, then the need to provide Congress with the relevant information is paramount.”

Trump, who has repeatedly called the Mueller probe a “witch hunt,” has so far not tweeted on the news that the investigation is over.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.