Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2023, 07:56 AM

Angry Sen. Sanders Decries Media Coverage of Senate Clash

Sen. Sanders Decries Media Coverage of Senate Clash
By: Charlie McCarthy NewsMax - 11-15 23 ~ 09:43 AM EST
Re: https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/be...15/id/1142352/

Video link: On site

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., when discussing a near-fight at the U.S. Capitol, blasted the mainstream media for its coverage of such incidents.

Sen. Markwayne Mullin, R-Okla., on Tuesday challenged the president of the Teamsters to a fight during a Senate committee hearing.

After Mullin stood to confront International Brotherhood of Teamsters General President Sean O'Brien, Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (or HELP) Committee Chair Sanders objected and told Mullin to "sit down" while banging the gavel.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., when discussing a near-fight at the U.S. Capitol, blasted the mainstream media for its coverage of such incidents.

Sen. Markwayne Mullin, R-Okla., on Tuesday challenged the president of the Teamsters to a fight during a Senate committee hearing.

After Mullin stood to confront International Brotherhood of Teamsters General President Sean O'Brien, Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (or HELP) Committee Chair Sanders objected and told Mullin to "sit down" while banging the gavel.

"Well, it's pretty pathetic," Sanders said told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Tuesday night. "We have a United States senator challenging a member of the panel who is the head of one of the larger unions in America, which has just negotiated a very good contract for their workers, the Teamsters.

"I think the point that I try to make there is this country faces so many crises ... and this is what goes on in a Senate hearing, and that's why the American people are getting sick and tired of what goes on here in Congress."

Sanders, a longtime union ally, pleaded with them to focus on the economic issues that were the basis of the hearing, which Sanders conducted to review how unions help working families.

"By the way, it might be nice for the media to pay attention to really what the hearing was about, is that workers all over this country are standing up and fighting back against corporate greed," Sanders told CNN. "Unions like the UAW, the Teamsters, others are winning good contracts.

"If we're going to look at the problem, media plays a role, too."

O'Brien in June had used X to challenge Mullin by saying, "You know where to find me. Anyplace, anytime cowboy."

Later in Tuesday's hearing, O'Brien directed tough words at Mullin again. Sanders asked his colleague to refrain from responding, and Mullin accommodated.

"Bernie looked at me. He says, 'Well, thank you. I appreciate you being a man of your word,'" Mullin said Tuesday during an appearance on Newsmax's "Wake Up America."

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Additional Related Stories: from this site: McConnell: Not My Job to Police Other GOP Members - Sen. Mullin to Newsmax: Lax Border Leaves US Susceptible
[If interested?]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: These issues within our Government are getting more and
more - intense. Representatives and/or the Political Gamer's within our Nation
are non-useful. The USA depends on working together to form a more perfect
union - not to battle one-another within Congress.
-
The old vr's the young & those who want to do otherwise must cease
these outbreaks; and/or be fined - and/or de-seated from Congress.
-
Actions such as these are for street-fights and bar-room antics - and
should not be within the Hall's of our Congress.
-
Congress needs "New Rules" that must be put into place that results in
dismissal's - and/or fines - for such actions. We the People need action
- not those who would do otherwise. Bar room brawlers in Congress need
to be displaced and/or re-educated on the fines and dismissal's of those
who don't comply to the rules within these walls of government. Without
civility - nothing will get done.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It must be pretty intense nowadays in Congress not having or not accomplished
any of the peoples task's that are needed - and yet having no respect for the
duties you must maintain while serving. Remember what you promised to
your electors! But not to belittle the People's of this nation across America.
-
You ran for office to improve our internal issues not to disrupt and/or
challenge your peer's. Go to a local pub and use your verbiage to those
who will listen to your rhetoric and/or garbles. You're in office because
of the promises you made to get elected - and not there to belittle
yourself - or to brag - and/or exercise your street verbiage.
-
All of you have to take chill-pill before your meetings. Get your ducks
in a row before challenging your peers in Congress. Street language is
just that "go outside and yell your brains out."
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links