Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2024, 10:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation May You Walk Gently Through The World Of Man

12-24-2023

Dear Mr. President Et Al;

I just re-read a poem, (a copy of which, I have just taped upon my desk-top) and very near its terminus is the line – “May We Walk Gently Through The World Of Man” - “HELL NO - I WILL NOT WALK GENTLY!”

For it is my opinion, that no man is ever required to ‘Walk Gently’ - for unless we use our entire being to leave thunder in our wake, then in my opinion, we have abandoned what it truly means to be a genuine man and “An American!”

I also remember viewing a photo of “The Old New York Skyline” and across from that fetid old river stands quite a few of those “Magnificent Monoliths to Mankind’s Ingenuity”, along with those icons to humanity’s creativity that dot “The Skyline of Gotham!”

And alongside of those steel and stone megaliths, that I have not personally seen since my childhood, when my parents took me there to visit my maternal grandfather in The Big Apple, I also recall the lessons of my youth, “And The Now Hallowed Turf of Our Courageous Predecessors”, who laid the pathways to the west that were to be pioneered by “The Magnificent Pilgrims of Massachusetts”, those many years earlier!

Well, enough of my family’s history for now, as time and tides have long since washed me westward - and up upon “The Shore of The Shaky-Side!” And even though I have traveled far and wide within “Our Magnificent Nation” - ever since those tumultuous years of ‘The Mid-Fifties’, I can still vividly recall many of the places of my youth, along with my trip westward in nineteen-fifty-six (along side of my now departed mother) and aboard what was then touted to be one of the fastest airliners in the friendly skies! A one way trip aboard a four-prop airliner that took nearly an entire day along with a box-lunch and a short stop along the way in The Windy City!

But oh, how time in “Those Little Gray Cells” has progressed, if not in actual wealth and wisdom, then certainly within my tribulations and experiences!

I now look back, however, upon those years past - with tears of amazement in my aging eyes and even with some adulation, as I wonder “Just How In the Name of Hell” our race of often hapless creatures, has even made it this far? “But Alas – What Fools - We Poor Mortals Continue To Be!!

“But After All Is Said and Done”, It Is Usually Not The Place Itself That So Often Despoils Our Persona, But Rather, It Is Humanity That Continues To Levy Such A Corruptive Influence Upon This Place That We All Call Home - As We So Often Pollute (And Even Despoil) Our Own - Often Magnificent Essence!” (by hrt-24 December, 2023)

Hardcore