The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2003, 10:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Excellent article on the mindset of current war protestors..

http://www.glennbeck.com/al/index.shtml
Protestors Don?t Get It

By Al Ruechel | 02-21-03
Let?s get it straight. I fully support the right of protestors to take their cause to the streets of America. More than 30 years ago, I was a longhaired freak who marched the streets on Moratorium Day with thousands of other Iowa State University students. We were protesting the Vietnam War.

But in all honesty, I wasn?t marching because I understood the travesty of what was happening in Southeast Asia. I was marching because it was the cool thing to do. I was marching because a friend of mine dared me to take to the streets. I was marching because I was rebelling against something, maybe my parents, maybe the government. I had no idea why I was there because I didn?t bother digging for the facts. I was being swept along by emotion. If it feels good, do it! Plus there was this freaky looking chick who? well anyway, you get my meaning.

Times have changed, but looking at all the video of protestors around the world I saw carbon copies of me. Yes, there are those who truly are dedicated to the process of peace and are willing to lay down their lives for it. These are the moms and dads who?ve lost their sons in the prime of their lives to war.

Still, I?d venture that most of those carrying signs haven?t read any of the 17 United Nations resolutions concerning Iraq. They haven?t read any of the briefing papers prepared by the United Nations detailing the atrocities committed by Saddam Hussein. These aren?t fairy tales created by rightwing conservative hawks. These atrocities have been documented by the United Nations. Protestors have forgotten the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi soldiers killed during Saddam?s failed war with Iran in 1980, trying to gain access to another seaport. They?ve forgotten the thousands of Kurds Saddam gassed in the North. They ignore the dissidents who were beheaded and the prisoners who were gassed when Saddam tested his latest chemical arsenal. They ignore the money Saddam has used to build over 30 palaces while over one million Iraqi children have died of starvation and disease. The list goes on and on and on.

Actually, what bothers me most about these protestors is how ill informed they are. I swear you?d think they had been brained washed by Saddam himself. They seem to be able to block out his errors and his mistakes and magnify every blemish in the Bush administration. That?s right. This isn?t about war. Many of these people are stinking poor losers who can?t find closure for the 2000 election.

There was a guy I saw in a T-shirt with a picture of George Bush and the words ?International Terrorist? underneath the photo. Is this supposed to be a joke? Is this supposed to be political harpooning? Can you document one single event in the life of our President where he had ordered someone to death? You really believe he lies awake at night licking his chops hoping we go to war? Do you really believe that living under a dictator is superior to living in a society that allows you choice? Take a tape recorder with you to the next protest and play it back when you get home. If you can support with documentation and logic the slogans you toss around like confetti at a drunken brawl then fine? chant away.

But I challenge you to answer these questions. Who is more moral? The man who carries the olive branch when he sees his brother or sister being tortured or raped or murdered; or the man who carries a sword and rights the wrong to defend the helpless even if he must spill his own blood in the process? What should our response be when terrorists control the means to destroy your children? Do you want to wait for something to happen to your wife, your husband, and your child?

Singing songs and carrying signs and praying for peace is wonderful. But history has shown us over and over again it only works as long as everyone is committed to that same peace. It only works when all of us believe in and respect the rights of each other to live in peace. It only works when people choose to be honest and consider the well being of others equal to or superior to their own right to be happy.

The mistake protestors always make over and over again is ascribing goodness and mercy to all mankind. They believe all religions are based on the notion of live and let live. They can?t understand that in life there are truly evil people who only care about themselves. If you are willing to trust your future and the future of all mankind to evil people, dictators who live alone for themselves and their pleasure, than keep on marching, all the way to Baghdad, all the way to North Korea, all the way to the utopia you think exists somewhere over the rainbow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al Ruechel, Copyright 2003, All Rights Reserved
Old 02-21-2003, 01:02 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default MORTARDUDE...

TRULY an: "Excellent article". Thank you.

Still, and even though I'm not knocking Patriotfiles in any way shape or form, it is sort-of-sad that one usually only gets to read such truths here and/or in less mainstream venues.

Wouldn't it be nice if such articles were available to The Public in general, such as is normally and overly-done daily in print and Networks, with so much liberal political BS and/or naive nonsense, and even enemy-friendly, deceptive, and treasonable propaganda? I think so.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote