The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2006, 03:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to tdeane
Default One Month Down!

One month down...eleven more to go.

We're in full swing out here in the wild west, aka Al Anbar Province. In the full aspect of OPSEC, which we have had many briefings on so far, I cant go into specifics or the like.

We're doing good, getting prepared for Ramadan which comes our way in another week.

We've spent considerable time with cleaning up around our can and making it ours considering we'll be in it for the next year.

You know whats funny...the previous times being here has all been living in a tent with either no a/c or one that works only when it wants to. Now, I am in a can and its always funny to hear people bitch and moan about having to live in one. I just shake my head and thank God for such a fine living quarter compared to what I have had before. People just dont realize sometimes just how fortunate they really are.

About the living area...we've cleaned it up, placed our outside area to our liking. Nice camo netting over the corner so we can relax at any part of the day and enjoy a cigar and a Coors "near-beer". It aint much, but it's home. The nightly cigars have pulled in a small crowd of neighbors and we sit and joke and laugh and unwind after the day. Good company is had around the square table.

I did manage to get another digital camera, since Andria has kept the last one I bought over here, and soon I will get some pictures of the area (that dont give too much away) and post 'em here.

All in all, morale is good. Everyone gets their fair share of mail during mail call and with the modern day emails the folks are able to keep in touch with the family back home.

We have seen our temps decline as we prepare to move into fall. When we got here, it was 127 degrees and today it's 96 with an outlook of further decline and 92 by the end of the week.

I have rambled enough and will update again soon and hope to have a few pictures to share.

Out Here.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2006, 11:44 AM

Tdeane - You take care and don't get careless. Get your rest when you can and sleep with one eye open - always.

Will be thinking of you and the others. Tell them all God Bless - Be safe and kick the snot out of them - when you have to.

Suprised to here you've got Coor's beer there - my neighbor and I always have at least one 12-pack between us. Otherwise its whatever we can find on sale. Lately its been a Genuine Draft and at times with tomato juice and plenty of ice. Don't know why just like those bloody beers once an awhile.

Take care one more - time will go by pretty quick but do drop us a line to let us know how you all are doing.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-22-2006, 07:33 PM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 

Just saw this post.

Thank you for your service!!

Keep the updates coming.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

TD , THANK YOU AGAIN
Old 09-22-2006, 08:21 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Angels on your six!!!!

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."