The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2003, 09:45 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Panecia Or Impetus?

With the recent encore attack against Iraq, one of the nations referred to by the President as part of the "Axis of Evil?, the forward motion of terrorism (thus far) has not slacked-of in some places - if anything, it has gained momentum! ?Not a pleasant fact, but a fact none the less!?

With the possibility of magnified involvement in the Middle East (and maybe elsewhere), this indeed takes away from attention normally focused on domestic matters, especially the economy! Of course, it has not slaked the open hand (give-me, give-me, give-me) policies of a world eager to be our friends for a price! And as much as it pains me to say it, the Coalition may be sizable in nations, but with the exception of a few, the donations of those said nations were minimal indeed, except when it came time to slice up the oily cake!

As for the United Nations, I fear that the verbal resolve of our government to render a lesson to those who took to their heels, is now fading into but memory. Each day sees a softer stance as concerns our dealings with the UN and several of it?s more odious member nations! And as a man is only as good as his word, what does that make those who spoke loudly and carried but a twig, at least as far as sticking to their guns after the fact was concerned?

Granted, we can not maintain a perpetual hard-on against these nations who cut and ran, or to whom oil meant more than blood! But when one carries about a knife in his back, does he quickly forget who?s knife it is!?

Even a brother can often piss one off, and I am sure that half-way decent relations will again (some day) return between us and those nations who proved how weak they could be under pressure. But forget their betrayal - ?NEVER?, as a turncoat often turns again, as the need arises!

As for the United Nations, another entity that is slipping anew into bureaucratic favor (unfortunately), they are naught but the reincarnation of the Dodo Bird, a sixth toe, or a eternally inflamed appendix! They appear fragrant enough, but then so does a sea of shit, from a distance! (opinion)

VERITAS