The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2003, 09:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default New Poll: Kerry Would Lose To Bush in Mass. ( unbelievable !!! )

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...73/detail.html

New Poll: Kerry Would Lose To Bush
Last Poll Showed Senator With Commanding Lead

POSTED: 6:48 a.m. EDT May 21, 2003

BOSTON -- The presidential campaign of Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry received some startling news Wednesday from his own back yard.

A poll recently conducted by the research institute Mass Insight shows Kerry trailing President Bush in the race for president in the Bay State.

The poll, which involved 500 Massachusetts voters at the end of April, shows the president with a 6 percentage point lead -- the exact numbers have not been released.

This stands in stark contrast to a similar poll taken by the group in January. Back then, Kerry had a commanding 16 point lead in Massachusetts in a theoretical matchup with the president.
Copyright 2003 by TheBostonChannel.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:47 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Changed

There is something that has changed since January and I'm not talking about the war, although that no doubt had something to do with it too.
Kerry has always indicated he was just a good old boy, one of the Irish from Boston who always get elected and re-elected. In March one of the Boston papers broke the story that Kerry is Jewish. Now there is nothing wrong with being Jewish but if you spend your political life trying to sell a bull and what you have is an ox, well, it just aint the same. The Democrat establishment is upset with him for flying under false colors.
This too will pass and his numbers will increase but it's just not the same at O'Brien's Bar and Grill.
You'd think that false statements would be considered the norm, what with Ted Kennedy as the senior senator but it stings at least in the short term.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 10:28 PM

Kerry's problem is that he can't make up his mind on where he stands on the issues.
Seems to be a liberal mealt down as of late.