The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2009, 04:44 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Wink The Obama-Limbaugh Bipartisan Stimulus Plan of 2009

The Obama-Limbaugh Bipartisan Stimulus Plan of 2009

Rush once again showed today why he gives the liberals fits. While Obama pretends to be bipartisan about how he will govern, he doesn't really need to, he hasn't, and he probably won't be. In fact he intends to have the government make a power grab from the private sector the likes of which we have not seen since the New Deal. From health care, to automakers, to banks, his Trojan Horse plan is to nationalize as much as he can under the banner of "economic recovery."

The Democrats intend to spend $1 trillion of taxpayer money (that we haven't even earned yet) on government make-work programs like paving roads and painting bridges. But none of this will create any new private sector jobs. Since our economy is based upon the creation of private sector jobs and the sale of goods and services those companies produce, Obama's proposal is destined to fail.

So Rush has proposed, in the spirit of bipartisanship, a compromise, The Obama-Limbaugh Bipartisan Stimulus Plan of 2009.

Mine is a genuine compromise. So let's look at how the vote came out, shall we? Fifty-three percent of voters in this country -- we'll say, for the sake of this proposal, 53% of Americans -- voted for Obama. Forty-six percent voted for Senator McCain, and 1% voted for wackos. Let's give the remaining 1% to President Obama, so let's say that 54% voted for President Obama and 46% voted for Senator McCain. As a way to bring the country together and at the same time determine the most effective way to deal with recessions, under the Obama-Limbaugh Stimulus Plan of 2009, $540 billion of the one trillion will be spent on infrastructure as defined by President Obama and the Democrats. The remaining $460 billion, or 46% that voted for Senator McCain, will be directed towards tax cuts, as determined by me.

These tax cuts will consist primarily of capital gains tax cuts and corporate tax rate cuts. So Obama gets $540 billion to spend his way. The other people of this country who did not vote for his way get $460 billion spent the way they would like it spent. This is bipartisanship! This is how bipartisanship really works. Okay, Obama wins by a 54-46 majority, so he gets 54% of the trillion bucks. Spend it his way. We get 46% of the trillion bucks to spend our way, and then we compare. Then we see which stimulus actually works and works the fastest, and I will guarantee you that if this plan is adopted, just the announcement that $460 billion will go toward paying for tax cuts, capital gains, and corporate tax rates -- we could throw in some personal income tax rate reduction in order to make sure that the voters don't think it's all about helping the big guys. But we need jobs, do we not?

Who hires people? Businesses! Businesses need tax cuts. The US corporate tax rate is obscene. It is the highest of all industrialized nations. It's 35%. Cut it. Cut it in half. Make the capital gains rate go away for three months, and then get out of the way to see what happens on Wall Street. And once Wall Street starts ticking up 500 points a day, you watch what happens to the rest of the private sector. It will follow right along. This would ensure a bipartisan compromise bill, as Democrats have said that they're always about. It would satisfy the American people's wishes, as polls currently note; and it would also serve as a test, going forward, as to which approach best stimulates the growth of jobs -- and it can be measured side by side. It could be determined where the new jobs are coming from.
As Rush notes, were Obama to announce he were even considering a plan like this, the markets, being forward looking, would jump simply on the news it was being considered (contrast the way the market has reacted to a trillion dollars of proposed government spending). They would go through the roof if businesses actually received $460 billion in tax cuts.

Unemployment would drop like a stone as orders for new equipment jumped and plans were made to expand into new markets.

Let's push this plan and see just how fresh, new, open-minded, and bipartisan Obama really is.

http://patriotroom.com/article/the-o...s-plan-of-2009

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

I don't need obama's stimulas package. I have my own. When I'm out of money I don't spend, No more credit cards just cash and if i'm short of cash I look under the couch cushions. I found 43 cents just saturday so i'm good to go.