The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2003, 07:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Questioning Some Perceived Realities?

This is not an indictment against society, nor is it a omen of things that will necessarily come to pass? It is rather a series of cold, hard questions, directed toward what may be facing us after the "Soft Fog of Mental Illusion" has blown free of reality! ?It is a wake-up call of sorts, if for no one else, then surely for myself!?

I hear a lot of chatter about the evils of one political party or candidate when compared up against another. But it all boils down to a few sordid basics - them being ?Ambition, Ego, Greed, Agenda, Front, Hype, Spin and Media Polish?, does it not?

So how is the economy really fairing, and is it likely to (really) get any better? Is again pouring money into the pockets of the rich and foreign interests alike, likely to benefit the less affluent here in America - ?Has It Ever??

And if the bubble bursts, as it recently did in France, Germany, and Russia, etc, do these entities face the music like men, or do they slither and squirm, lie and pass the buck! ?We all know the answer to that, do we not??

And what of this "Continuous War Scenario", An "American Foreign Legion", so to speak? Is not war the basest of all human endeavors? And although a necessity at times, and these times certainly qualify, should it ever be used as a means to an end - a panacea of blood so to speak?

War does genuinely takes one's mind off of trivial things (?) like (real) jobs, paying the rent, buying enough food for one?s family to survive upon, paying bills, keeping a roof over your family's head, or even supplying a decent education for your kids!?

"But not to worry", as there will always be enough "Enemies Of Mankind" (real and perceived), to keep any Daddy Warbucks working full time, and to splendidly depopulate various segments of humanity! And where is the worry there, unless of course, you happen to be listed within one of those planned de-populations?

?Of course, with terrorism in full swing (world-wide), who isn?t in danger of extermination??

Is everything and anything to some - just good business, politics as usual, image polishing, media herdsmanship, going along with the flow, or just being what the ?Powers That Be? conveniently define as a loyal patriot, ?Their Kind of Patriot!?

Would these same ?Powers That Be?, have considered men and women like Abraham Lincoln, Patrick Henry, Samuel Adams, Molly Pitcher, or Ethan Allen, good patriots? These magnificent people, you know, did not always agree with the status quo, and as a matter of fact, they even fought to change things that they truly disagreed with!

In today?s politicized society, however, they might have become the topic of some slanderous headline, or talk show neo-god who is - ?all ego, no conscience, no soul, and Hell bound in the end - no matter how hard (and often) they attempt to convince themselves otherwise!?

But ah yes, it is far easier to belong, to polish the apple (bruised though it may often be), to kiss the appropriate asses, and to tell the people what they really want to hear, even if one has no intention of keeping their word! ?Where is the honor in this??

Or does honor to some, emanate only from finance, a tin-plated position, a created political image, or being the ever obedient lackey of someone firmly entrenched within the in-crowd?

"Fearing to question, the dread of being made to appear the fool, having the clique declare you persona non grata - are these truly motivational factors, or merely the fears of a coward?!"

Can you eat or pay your rent by applauding that which everyone else applauds, even if (down deep) you feel it to be wrong? And those who?s banner you follow, after the luster has worn thin, and the boisterous roar has slowed to a whimper - after these political icons have retired to their estates, or their formal dinning rooms to lick the gore from their jowls, will you be remembered for your sacrifices?

Will you and your comrades-at-arms, or fellow citizens, be better off in the end for tagging along behind any self-created hero of the moment? Or will you just be cast aside again, waiting to be removed from some moldering closet of convenience, dusted off, and used anew as the whim arises, by some neo-Caesar?

Will those domestic factions, and foreign entities alike, who spit into our gleaming and trusting faces, again be wined and dined, or back in fashion after memories fade? Will all be forgiven and forgotten - "Until The Next Time That Is!?

But what of the common men and women - ?The True Majority and the Real Patriots of America?? Will they struggle through yet another economic disaster that may be currently in the making!? This, while those who gained the most from their sacrifices and labors, feast off of the fat they have accumulated while these men and women of honor and dedication suffered, and in some cases, even died!

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. The title of ?American? has always been all that I needed or sought after! But as such, I worry about ?ALL? of our people - from the top to the bottom! And I don?t believe in Pie In The Sky, the Trickle Downs, or even the Massive Giveaways, including those still being engaged in internationally!

And these, my friends, are not limited to the poor alone, as many a ?Monetary Glutton? is highly placed within the food chains of society!

I believe in ?Our People and Our True Allies? - in their spirit, their energy, their pride, their genuine friendship and their courage! I abhor political showmanship and far removed script writers (I want to hear the truth - first hand!)

And lastly, I will back either party, if it is genuinely for ?All Of The People?, and not just for the few, while pretending to care about the most important of all concerns - ?Our Collective Survival and Advancement!?

If what I feel and believe makes me a bad guy, then so be it - ?I Can Live With That!? For I believe in ?We The People?, with no exceptions! And most of all, I believe in honor and truth, and where these do not exist, there exists nothing at all, save for confusion and lies!!

VERITAS INFINITUM :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: