The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2004, 06:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I have contacted another of my platoon mates from Vietnam

I have talked on the phone to another of my platoon mates from Vietnam. That makes four I have found so far. Believe it or not, he said he got his family to send him a 16mm camera and he took about 10 mins of film of the Cu Chi area and has transferred it to a VHS tape. He will be sending me a copy. I believe it also had some footage of riding on an APC as well. I am really excited about seeing something like this for the first time in almost 35 years. Do any of you have any movies from your time in 'Nam ? Andy, I will get you a copy also, if you are interested.

Larry
Old 02-27-2004, 06:51 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Larry...wonder if you dubbed the tape and sent it to David, if he had a way to post it here. Just a brain cramp but it would be nice to have something like that here.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Larry,
I wish I had a film of the guys in my old unit. Enjoy it and
keep looking for other people from your unit. About four years ago a combat medic from my unit contacted me out of the blue. He found me because I had joined the 506th Infantry Association and he found my name and phone number. He was already in touch with three others and by doing people searches on the internet we have found 26 former members of our unit covering the years 68' to 70'. All were found by using the various internet white pages. Good luck in your continuing search.

Bill

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 02-27-2004, 07:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Once I get the tape, I will see what I can do with it. Beau was able to post pictures from a video tape on here...

Larry
Old 02-27-2004, 07:14 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Smile Larry

You bet your bippie I'd love to see that tape. Hope it's film of a dusty track with troops dressed the way we were and lots of "junk" on the top of the vehcile. Trying to explain what we actually looked like is difficult.
I've found 8 guys from our old platoon, some of them post tet. They all have more pictures than I do, but no one has any film. It would really be a trip seeing the 25th in motion.
Hey do you remember the 25th Division used to make a calendar each month with a photo of people in the division on top and the days of the month below? April of 1968 they used my APC and our platoon as the calendar picture. I do have that.

Stay healthy,
Andy