The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2003, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Damn toys

Joanne is normally off on Monday's and Tuesdays and I work the store by myself.
Yesterday, Jo drops me off at 10: and I unlock and walk into the store, Lying on the floor is a ceramic doll. It was a pretty nice doll for only $79 bucks but its head had been broken and the only thing salvageable was it's clothing which we can sell for about $15 bucks. Hey, *hit happens and I just go to the spread-sheet and record a casuality loss of $39.50 and will write it off on next years taxes. No big deal.
We're getting ready for the holidays at the store and the day before yesterday we got in a shippment of over 20 boxes which still aren't completely priced and unpacked. Just gotta find places to put everything and major rearrangements have to be made and I get started on those rearrangements.
We have a rack that has stuff on it for gifts for people in the armed forces and in the shipment we got more of this stuff so I go to work first on that rack.
I start moving things into empty places on the rack and notice a fairly large space that I can move a porcelain sculpture to. The sculpture is of a soldier who is sitting on the ground in front of a sandbagged mound and reading a letter. Resting on the mound is the troops M-16 and rising from the behind the sandbags is a angel who is overlooking the troop. It's a real nice piece and really made me think twice when I first saw it in the store.
Well, I no more than touch it to move it and the damn barrel of the M-16 falls off. I didn't grab it. I wasn't abusive of it. I was gentle with it.
What the heck is it with that damn M-16?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2003, 06:08 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Stick

Come back,,,, don't go to the light.

Ron
Old 10-22-2003, 06:59 AM

jOHN COME INTO THE LIGHT it's good I know been there done that and I still trying to get my better half to take some time off so we can come down there so she can spend some more of my money.
razz
Old 10-22-2003, 06:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Well Stick a little ceramic glue and a Sharpie and the M16 barrel will look like the original reminds me of the full size Toy M16 Mattel made in the 60's .I had one and the first thing that broke on it was the Barrel right at the top receiver. never could find any glue at that time to glue the barrel back on and crazy glue hadn't been marketed yet