The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2007, 01:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Tongue Stepping

[Just like ol' Joe Biden, da dims seem to enjoy the taste of shoe leather, as they keep stepping on their tongues with their misspeaks. And this misspeak slams our beloved military, but no surprise here. Remember, they're da dims!]

Sen. Barack Obama Apologizes for Saying U.S. Troops 'Wasted'

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is apologizing for saying the lives of the more than 3,000 U.S. troops killed in the Iraq war were "wasted." During his first campaign trip this weekend, the Illinois senator told a crowd in Iowa: "We now have spent $400 billion and have seen over 3,000 lives of the bravest young Americans wasted."

He immediately apologized on Sunday, saying the remark was "a slip of the tongue." During an appearance Monday in Nashua, N.H., he apologized again, telling reporters he meant to criticize the civilian leadership of the war, not those serving in the military.

"Even as I said it, I realized I had misspoken," Obama said. "It is not at all what I intended to say, and I would absolutely apologize if any (military families) felt that in some ways it had diminished the enormous courage and sacrifice that they'd shown."

Obama made his second visit to New Hampshire on Monday, following his speech Saturday announcing his candidacy in Illinois on Saturday and a visit to first-caucus state Iowa.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2007, 05:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Good thing their name wasn't Trent Lott are they would have to resign! But, all they had to say was "I'm Sorry I wrote down the wrong words and I ment this other thing.........." another day in the snakpit of Washington DC (S.O.S. differant party)
Old 02-14-2007, 05:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And then Edwards came out of the starting blocks Catholic bashing and he says he?s sorry as well. All n? all, a nice demonstration of liberalism in action and their zero tolerance for diversity true face.
Back to Obama and apparently he skipped his high school geography and demographics class and managed to get in a nasty biff with the Australian PM. Don?t look now Obama, but Australia is right next door to a very aggressive and expansion minded Moslem country and much more aggressive of late, plus this threat and confrontation goes back decades. It?s Indonesia, Obama. Go fill in some gaping fabric holes, your dumb de dumb-dumb is showing.

Scamp
Old 02-14-2007, 06:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well let's see....the New Hampshire primary ( 2/5/2008 ) is just 355 days away, and the November 2008 election is 628 days away.........It just gets worse every 4 years...

Larry
Old 02-14-2007, 07:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Larry , I gotta agree with ya' on the elections getting worse every 4 years also. getting old all this bickering just to be president of the USA and they all act like High School preppies running for Sr Class President too.