The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Marines

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2003, 10:57 PM

Default Morning Coffee! ;)

'Mornin' folks! LOL. How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and get some! Paper'll be along in a bit!

I normally post this on a daily basis on another site, but it seems to be offline fer this mornin', so I decided to put it here this time. I was gettin' fidgety fer some reason, but now that I've started the coffee, I feel....at peace! Well, there was that incident at the VA hospital cafeteria a few years ago, but I'm MUCH better now!

I usually talk about most anything and consider it to be a morning meeting at the coffee shop fer the old timers and whatever other early risers there are that drop by. Sometimes we spend a few minutes teasing each other. Sometimes we visit over politics and football or religion. Sometimes we visit over those imponderables of life, like "Are those real or do ya think she had things fixed up a bit?" or "Why does that jerk get on my nerves so much?" or sometimes, I get to wonderin' about who and what we are as human beings and Marines and why. Yeah, yeah, I know. Philosophical stuff.

Anyway, most folks seem to enjoy the coffee I fix in the mornin' and I try awful hard not to disappoint them. That has to do with who we are, as well. Humans, looking for some comfort in the middle watches of the night and thinking and sharing thoughts and dreams that we might not otherwise. That time just before dawn when you got the watch, ya know...

It is a time for pondering things and considering why we are the way the we are. A time for considering the future of ourselves as individuals and as a species. It's a time to acknowledge the potential we have as well, a time to dream and a time to plan out our days. A time to get ready for the day to come.

Even if the other site is online after tomorrow, I may stop by here and make some coffee for you folks, too, if yer amenable.

Now I know my own weaknesses and realize that I don't make everyone's day when I'm around, but if I see that the number views are ok, and folks are startin' to visit over coffee in the morning, I'll keep on fixin it.

I'm not as fidgety now. Thanks fer lettin' me scratch that itch. I hate to disappoint those folks, ya know!

It's about time to warm up yer coffee, folks. Get yer head wrapped around the day to come. We got time to get it sorted out. Maybe, if we keep trying we'll get it right one of these days! Who knows, we might even do it better than we did before!