Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2008, 03:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Police Department demands removal of Marine Corps flag from taxicab

Police Department demands removal of Marine Corps flag from taxicab
Self | 11/12/2008 | DC Wright

Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:07:39 PM by dcwusmc

For those interested in such things, I drive a taxicab in Vallejo, California. Because I am retired from the Marine Corps and am proud of my service, I fly a 12x18" Marine Corps flag from the cab I drive. Within the last couple of years, the city passed an ordinance regulating cabs.

Now, the officer in charge of this (son of the chief) tells me that flying my colors is unacceptable to him. His rationale is that, because we are regulated by the city, we work FOR the city and thus he can do as he likes.

Perhaps some comment on this to the Chief of Police at 111 Amador Street, Vallejo, CA 94590, would let them know how veterans and military retirees and others feel about this affront to the Services and to the First Amendment.

I did talk with him and informed him that my colors would NEVER be struck for any reason.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2130994/posts

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links