The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2002, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default As a Democrat James

you off all people should know that it was the Dems that wouldn't support the war in Kuwait anyway! THEY were the ones that voted not to give money for it. Maybe the Pres was just trying to be bipartisan, but I doubt it. The mandate was to Liberate Kuwait, nothing more, nothing less and they did it. Had he then attacked Iraq your boys and girls in congress would have had a shit fit. Since he didn't, they had a shit fit. Just like when he went back on a promise to not raise taxes and to appease the Dems didn't Veto it.....what happened when he was "bipartisan", the Dems used their own tax increase that he went along with, against him. Great people. Now that Gore thing is screaming to high heaven about a picture of our President on the phone during 9/11. Calls it dishonorable, disgusting, and a bunch of other nice terms. Now this comes from the guy who after clinton is impeached for numerous crimes says he's the best president ever. These people have NO crediblilty, and worse yet, no honor.

But I like the heck out of you!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2002, 10:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Surplus?

Give me a break James, even you know that there never was any surplus and gee wizz where the hell do you expect him to get money to fight a war Clinton could have stopped? The tax cuts of the 80's gave us the prosperity and the recession started before Bush took office. Why is it that you people believe that by taking more of my salary and giving it away to crap programs that don't work, the ecomomy is stimulated? If I have less money to spend, I'm going to buy less goods and services. Not a hard concept to understand. If business is overtaxed, they invest less, upgrade less, and hire fewer employees'. If you like giving washington your money, fine....help me and give them yours for me. If you were a real friend, you would set that up with the IRS. (LOL)

Packo

Old 05-15-2002, 10:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Pictures

I don't understand the picture thing-It seems stupid to me, just talkin head crap
the decision not to take Iraq fully was a classic boner--when were they going do do it? they were the ones running the show and they were right there to do it--if a democrat had got cold feet then you never would have let him forget it, never.

james
Old 05-15-2002, 10:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Surplus?

Quote:
Originally posted by Paco
. Why is it that you people believe that by taking more of my salary and giving it away to crap programs that don't work, the ecomomy is stimulated? (LOL)

Packo
Well, republicans believed in giving Enron $267 million in incentives and tax breaks so they don't do much better--I know they got more out of Clinton but thats because they tanked soon into the Bush Administration-we're still laughing about watching all those Enron pople walking out of the ofice carrying their belongings with a long face--it was like a warm fuzzy. remember last year how you guys were godding and damming us for our energy "crisis?"' Turns out just like I said; our energy policy is just fine (republicans claim credit for it!) and the "crisis" was completely fabricated" this will be why Bush will never get his energy policy passed as written by Enron.

Another place where you sell the Demos short--your rather shortsightedly forgetting all the money Clinton put away for deficit removal in his budgets which the republicans gave him continuous crap over--they wanted to lower taxes just like GWB did--Don't you think the right thing to do is pay off the debts??
Obviously not, youre a Republican, but don't try to asume the mantle of fiscal responsiblity (por favor)

Abu!!
james
Attached Images
File Type: gif amy kiss wink.gif (3.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-15-2002, 10:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Tax increases

Packo
please--Splane to me again how lowering taxes is going to make a $5 trillion national debt go away? the only deficit reduction money has been proposed by democratic administration (Clinton's)

Thanks

james

PS, I don't think I'm taxed too much, really, I lead a very comfortable life.
PPS-Fiscal responsiblity, common sense and pure humanitarianism demands we cut out tobacco subsidies, talking about wasteful programs that don't work
Old 05-15-2002, 08:55 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Taxes

How we ended up on taxes has taken us through a couple of interesting turns in the career of Jimmy Carter and shed some light on several areas aside from his trip to see Fidel Castro.On the Panama Canal issue I would only add that if you believe that The Peoples Republic of China`s interest in the canal and The Bahamas are strictly commercial,you are very naive.Hutchison Whampoa,a Hong Kong based conglomorate,has constructed the worlds largest "port" at Freeport,and they have obvious strong ties to Biejing.This is right off our East coast!There are many military experts that view this as a serious threat to our national security....James!I can`t believe that you would want to see the United States open a dialog with a fiend like Castro!To what end,sir?

Peace,Griz
Old 05-15-2002, 10:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Carter and Castro

i think carter's trip is pointed to a good end. I think I'm a LOT more of a pragmatist than most here.
i don't see castro as a threat to us, certainly not as much a threat as we are to him.Look, We sent an armed incursion into his country, tried to have him assassinated several times with as motley a crew as we could find, hung an embargo on him for 40 years, almost had Nuke War III in his front yard. What more can we do to get him to change other than invade? in that case why didn't we do it years ago? Do you want to pay that price? And what has he actually done to us?
I don't think anything we can do is going to get the Cubans to change their govt while we consider each other enemies, this will only be done when we open the country up to our commerce, just like we did with the old USSR. Information ran them into the ground, the fax and the internet (thanks Al Gore!!lol) Castro's government is legitimately derived from the people.The Cubans will fight and die for their country--they were smart enough to figure out how to oust Batista even with all the help we gave him (shades of VN) and they could get rid of Castro if they wanted to--better learn to live with it. Hasn't the last 40 years proved that? they SURE don't think they'd be better of with the loomaloomas like what turned little Elian into a political football. if the Miami Cubans have the cojones, let them go and liberate Cuba--thats how castro did it, sure enough and against a lot longer odds--he was up against Batista AND the US--I'm not doing it for them nor my son either.
Castro in no way is as unsavory, violent and repressive as other dictators we have supported and cut lengthy deals with, most notably Batista, trujillo, Somoza, papa and Baby Doc Duvalier, Pinochet,Noriega and a dozen others more corrupt--why yes, Saddam Hussein himself (this was G Bush I) The Mexicans only had one party until recently which we NEVER protested--we have little right to point the finger at Cubans, actually theyre a pretty moral people compared to some of these others (Iraqis, guatemalans). And when you consider the rpressive govt they had to overthrow--which we supported-- they don't think we should be able to dictate their leader for them--Cubans will definitely fight for their country, theyre also stubborn
Ive known several people whove traveled in Cuba extensively and they all say that ending the embargo woujld improve the country trmendously--and what harm would it do? Do you think theyre going to be able to sell Communism to anyone any more? not on Moscow's dime, sure enough
democracy is the light in the darkness but you gotta get the light in the door and thats what Carter's doing-- I was real impressed with his speech ( I speak Spanish better than he does) You gotta finally say--"Look, can we talk? where's our common ground? Lets put this BS to rest" This is a definite liberal line of thought--conservatives don't think this way, no error, GHB and jerry Ford don't do this.--but Ive seen enough people needlessly killed for one lifetime, thanks, trying to talk is worth a shot, many shots, even if it doesn't work
can we be better than the israelis/ pallies about this? How can we point our fingers at them and say" How can you cary this sht on for decades" when we do it ourselves? Time to bury the hatchet--i only want to be at war with someone for so long, I get bored after 20 or 30 years--its my ADD--after over 40 years of no action, I am sooo outta here, don't call untill he starts loading his troops on landing barges, pulleeeeze. Don't catch a cold standing out there watching.
castro is reaching out here, he definitely wants into the market place real bad--he's a smart man and knows the US real well--he knows Cuba has to get into the main stream and he won't live forever--this may be the most leverage we can ever hold over Castro--smart people will see the opportunity here but looks like GWB will just blow it off, probably due to political debts to Florida Cubans who put him over the top last election--Gee its great having these foreigners dictate our national policy
I think carter's doing a good thing by engaging him, a good man trying to do a good thing--and all the conservatives want to do is crucify him and belittle him--just check above--this is the party that believes in Christianity? Whats your plan? keep the war going forever?
This is why I'll always be a liberal--just can't keep that unabiding hatred for the opposition going--I'd rather believe there's good people out there trying to do good things like working for peace that need my support. heck I'm even getting to like GWB--but not some of the people who keep their endless jihad against liberals going But have it your way--it'll be its own reward.

james
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brother.jpg (12.8 KB, 68 views)
Old 05-16-2002, 04:34 AM

Default james i agree with you about the embargo just how long

do they think it will take the Cubans keep saying they want to liberate their home land,no one can liberate anything while sitting in an other country but thats another story. i think it's time to give up on the embargo for more trade, even the hundred year war didn't last for 100 years. as far as gwb2 i still don't like him never liked his daddy but thats my problem. now you have a good day yahear.
razz
Old 05-16-2002, 05:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James,

Had a computer malfunction yesterday so could not keep up with our fun conversation.

Tax cuts alone don't get rid of deficits.....limiting stupid wasteful government spending does. Combine both and you can eliminated deficit spending. The way you guys want to pay down the deficit is to charge me more for it. Tax cuts to those that actually pay taxes which includes corporations, has people spending more because all their hard earned money isn't going to bozo's in washington of BOTH parties. Corporations invest more, hire more people, etc. Please explain to me how taking more money away from business and taxpayers has ever created one job? The logic of your argument would have us all just turning our paychecks over to the government and they could decide how best to spend it. The public school system started going down hill the minute the government stuck their hands in it and we are now competeting with 3rd world countries, and South Carolina, for the worst schools. But hey, lets take more money out of my pocket to fund crap like that. It would be better for parents to get vouchers or tax credits to send their kids to the schools of their choice, but many are forced to attend government schools that don't work. Just one example. The government needs to be on a strict budget like most working people. I would love to start taxing the government, grabbing what money they have, then spending it on crap that doesn't work. Washington would have a shit fit. Isn't it funny that the kids scoring the highest on achievement tests are being HOME SCHOOLED BY PARENTS WITHOUT EDUCATION BACKGROUNDS.
Our tax dollars at work.

The Gulf War: The logic of your argument means that Truman pulled the biggest boner of all in not Nukeing the USSR and Red China right after WWII. No Korean war, no Vietnam War, and probably not all this silliness we see all over the world. I mean, we had the armies and the only Nukes........ Remember that it was the Democrats, who owned the Congress and the Senate (for 40 years) that voted against us liberating Kuwait. They didn't want us there in the first place and are now whinning that we didn't take over Iraq. Had we then, which was not the objective of the war, they would have had a hissy fit. We didn't, so now they are having a hissy fit. With logic like that........hey you guys win!

Packo

Old 05-16-2002, 05:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James, on Cuber

I agree that it's time for the embargo to be lifted. We are not embargoing Red China or North Korea.....so why Cuba? It's political and spells votes in Florida. Why didn't Jimmy end the embargo when he had his 4 years? Why, VOTES IN FLORIDA. Why didn't Clinton, Votes in Florida, Why not GWB, Votes in Florida. Not until Castro is dead will it end.

As always people of the world, in most cases except the Middle East, can get along. I bet if we could vist CUBER we would all be buddies. Hell, I ain't got nothin' against some poor Cuberin TRYING to make a living and I'm sure he ain't got nothing against me. Governments cause most of the problems, not the average Joe's like us. As a matter of fact...I can't wait to be able to visit Cuber and would be honored to buy you the first Pina Coloda! (would order yours Virgin)

Packo