The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2006, 03:28 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default safer vehicles

Over the years vehicle manufacturers have tried to make there vehicles safer, I did say try. Every time they make a safer vehicle then we drive faster, or stupider with the same results.
We all think we are the best driver in eye sight and the rest of the drivers need to park that peice of crap and get out of my way. That leads to agressive driving and road rage and anger and insults and accidents.

As a driving public, we suck. We have no idea of our vehicles limits or the limits we have as a driver. You put those two togeather and there disaster comming.

In not telling you to go out and 4 wheel drift your car around a corner to find your limit or your vehicles limit. what I am saying is to be aware of the road contitions, weather, vehicle condition, Tires, and pay attention to driving while behind that wheel.

I think that instead of seat belts, airbags, crumple zones, impact resistant gaurd rails, and all the extra saftey equipment put of vehicles, I think they should remove all that and put a 8 inch stainless steel spike sticking out of the steering wheel aimed right at your heart.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2006, 05:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Defensive Driving. Been riding a motorcycle for 41 years now and no major crashes. I drive like the people around me are going to do the most stupit driving possible and a lot of times they do , but I am ready. Like combat there is also a lot of luck involved.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:14 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

LT
Been riding a bike for about the same time, Only laid it down one time. That was enough. When you ride you have to assume that everyone will pull out in front of you.
I think thats why they quite makeing that Honda automatic a while back, People that should not be riding started to ride. After all , If you have enough eye/hand/foot coordination to ride a bike then you are by the very nature of the act an aware person, putting an automatic on a bike lets people put on makeup while riding. Thats just an accident waiting to happen.
Ron
ps.
Combat isn't all skill? Charge, come on its only a flesh wound.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

Have laid mine down twice , both times me being stupid. Couple of months ago though on the interstate a guy passes me doing at least 100mph and cuts in front of me missing my front tire by about a foot. He was going to fast for me to get a good shot off. Also carry some heavy ball bearings in my vest for folks that get to close to my rear tire.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

My wife, a nurse, told me that in virtually 100% of accidents involving motorcycles and other vehicles, the driver of the car/truck always says, "I never saw him."

There's also a poster in the ER that says, "Be an organ donor: Ride a motorcycle!"
Old 07-25-2006, 06:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Doc

That ER sign is correct. I ride and can't begin to count how many times I have donated my organ to the needy ( Bob K made me write that )
Old 07-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

People who drive cars and truck don't see motorcycles. Thats a fact that most all riders know very well. Its not even a lie. They are used to looking for bigger vehicles . That goes back to my original post "pay attention to driving while behind that wheel." In Texas teens can't be in the front seat together untill 18.
Seems kinda dumb but then I see where they are comming from, Two 16 year old girls do not pay attention to anything but the talking.
LT , I used to carry a 20 oz roofing hammer, (straight claws) while riding. But ball barrings sounds better maybe even a package of BBs. Huuuuummmm?

Ron
Old 07-25-2006, 08:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John.....John.....John
You talking about safe driving is like putting the fox in the hen house. Do we have to bring up the time you caused that 18 wheeler to jackknife on the interstate while smoking a little weed.
Yes I too am a firm believer in donating my organ to anyone in need!!!!! Let me clarify that last statement, being the male chauvanist pig that I am, my organ is only for the ladies.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 07-25-2006, 08:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Bob...sure it is, and that sheep pen that you and John keep visiting "is just to watch the lambs play", right? Need I bring up the time that you and John won the tag-team, stump breaking championship of Georgia and Indianapolis?

Glass houses Bob, glass houses!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Have never been on or driven a motorcycle. Just not enough protection around you. And other drivers just don't look for you. I try to look for traffic in front of me, on the sides, and even in the rear now while driving. If I see a motorcyle I will make sure I either turn safely or let him go first. There have been time I could hear a motorcycle but couldn't see him until he was next to me or behind me.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).