Name and Rank: Senior Airman Robert Eland
Unit: 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron
Duty Title: Inspection section avionics systems journeyman
Time in Service: 6 years, 2 months
Time at Lakenheath: 2 years, 10 months
Hometown: San Diego, Calif.
Hobbies: Snowboarding, poker and long boarding
Core Valued Portrayed: "Service Before Self"

How does the individual portray that core value?
Senior Airman Eland portrays "Service Before Self" while accomplishing his daily tasks. Eland has expertly assumed the responsibility of training newly assigned Airmen while accommodating many shift demands. He continues to adjust his schedule to meet the needs of the section. His commitment to the success of the maintenance flight is the direct definition of excellence. Every task that is placed in his responsibility is completed with the maintenance group statement in mind ..."Together, Safe, Reliable and By the Book."

Why is serving in the Air Force important to you?
Serving in today's Air Force has given me a greater sense of purpose and camaraderie. I feel that completing my job has a large impact on the mission. Working with other career fields has given me insight to the overall mission, not just my specific career field.

What accomplishment during your Air Force career are you most proud of?
I am extremely proud that I have completed two deployments and an overseas tour. When I return home many people ask me about where I have been, and I see the excitement in their eyes when I talk about my travels.

What are your personal and/or professional goals?
My professional goal is to make Staff Sergeant. My personal goal is to complete my bachelor's degree and obtain a federal communications commission license.

What is your favorite part of your job?
I enjoy coming to work! While stationed overseas my work center has become my family. When it comes to my job, I get an intense sense of accomplishment when I complete a troubleshooting task. I know that my job is done as well as it can possibly be.

(Photo above)

ROYAL AIR FORCE LAKENHEATH, England -- Senior Airman Robert Eland, 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron inspection section avionics systems journeyman, inspects side panels of an F-15E Strike Eagle for discrepancies May 2, 2013. Eland was nominated for a Liberty Spotlight because he displays the core value of "Service Before Self." (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Dana J. Butler)*

tags:
Spotlight on You!
Senior Airman Robert Eland
48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron

Section:
Spotlight On You!

Tweet
Email
Print

Inspection section avionics systems journeyman displays "Service Before Self"

Senior Airman Robert Eland
Tue., June 18
Name and Rank: Senior Airman Robert Eland
Unit: 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron
Duty Title: Inspection section avionics systems journeyman
Time in Service: 6 years, 2 months
Time at Lakenheath: 2 years, 10 months
Hometown: San Diego, Calif.
Hobbies: Snowboarding, poker and long boarding
Core Valued Portrayed: "Service Before Self"

How does the individual portray that core value?
Senior Airman Eland portrays "Service Before Self" while accomplishing his daily tasks. Eland has expertly assumed the responsibility of training newly assigned Airmen while accommodating many shift demands. He continues to adjust his schedule to meet the needs of the section. His commitment to the success of the maintenance flight is the direct definition of excellence. Every task that is placed in his responsibility is completed with the maintenance group statement in mind ..."Together, Safe, Reliable and By the Book."

Why is serving in the Air Force important to you?
Serving in today's Air Force has given me a greater sense of purpose and camaraderie. I feel that completing my job has a large impact on the mission. Working with other career fields has given me insight to the overall mission, not just my specific career field.

What accomplishment during your Air Force career are you most proud of?
I am extremely proud that I have completed two deployments and an overseas tour. When I return home many people ask me about where I have been, and I see the excitement in their eyes when I talk about my travels.

What are your personal and/or professional goals?
My professional goal is to make Staff Sergeant. My personal goal is to complete my bachelor's degree and obtain a federal communications commission license.

What is your favorite part of your job?
I enjoy coming to work! While stationed overseas my work center has become my family. When it comes to my job, I get an intense sense of accomplishment when I complete a troubleshooting task. I know that my job is done as well as it can possibly be.

(Photo above)

ROYAL AIR FORCE LAKENHEATH, England -- Senior Airman Robert Eland, 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron inspection section avionics systems journeyman, inspects side panels of an F-15E Strike Eagle for discrepancies May 2, 2013. Eland was nominated for a Liberty Spotlight because he displays the core value of "Service Before Self." (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Dana J. Butler)*

More...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links