The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2003, 02:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Unhappy Air Force, Congress knew of sexual assaults years ago

Pentagon records show that members of Congress and top Air Force Officials knew of the sexual assault problems as far back as a report in 1996 but did nothing. Am I surprised? Seems there was a four page document that the academy was a "haven for rapists because of the "culture of silence" that discouraged women from reporting attacks. The document was given to Fogelman in 2000 and presented to the Senate Armed Forces Committee and alleged:
The academy maintained a "culture of silence and intimidation" that stigmatized woman who came forward. It placed the institution and peers above personal integrity.
No one had ultimate responsibility for investigating and dealing with incidents.

Sixteen cases of assault spanning several years included one woman so traumatized she slept with a weapon...(no shit many of us do that charlie brown).....another raped at the academy's prep school who was so ostracized for reporting the attack she didn't report a subsequent gang rape, another who suffered a cut vagina but didn't report it until she experienced "noticeable" blood loss, others were left to suffer silently in shame,some sexual assaults might have been covered up!

The school "reflects institutional/cultural dysfunction" that officials should confront. It went on and on. How many more happened since it was brought to the attention in 1996? Sunday August 24,2003 Colorado Springs KRT Geez Mcgee! It didn't start in 1996.

The Psalmist said it in 71:9 Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.

How many of our brothers turn a deaf ear to our plight? Our vet centers do not treat us except as they did when we were in ;as baggage; yet our brothers only care about themselves and their needs. If you will not fight for us DAV,and all the rest your cause too will one day be judged because you did not speak up for what was right and because you turned away at our pain and refused to see it as your own.
Enough
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links