The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2008, 07:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith
How do you get one of dem good conduct medals?

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Talking Bob

You get them by spending lots of time on your knees..........praying!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:15 AM

Thanks Guys,
Just to let you know Jay is the Designer and owner of So if you like the site let him know and if you have any input also tell him. He is very open to suggestions.

Hey B3196 I made E-6 twice I was in got out. Was out too long went back in as an E-2 through Basic and AIT all over again and made my way back up to E-6. so I should really be an E-11
Old 02-21-2008, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Bill you just don't understand.

Brother Bob believes that being deviant is normal. Why would he have become a Deputy Sheriff. Travis I see you have one of those good conduct medals.

Keith
Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 AM

If being LE is deviant then I am screwed, Guess what I did after I got out of the Military???
Old 02-21-2008, 10:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Keith

I did real real good as I was also awarded a Reserve Component Good Conduct Medal!

When I went to the desert in 91, I had just come home from Korea and there was a National Guard Unit that was needing personel. I, and 4 others, were assigned to them and deployed with them.

When we returned, we stayed with them until they "demob" and they awarded each of us a Good Conduct Medal! Also the Unit that awarded me my Bronze Star, this was not a medal issued for valor, just a big "at-a-boy" award.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Bill
I have the same story....I got out also, but they found me and dragged my ass back to base.....Just kidding. I got the big demotion for flipping the bird with my helmet liner on backwards to $hit load of TV cameras that was doing a story on convoy supply lines. Probably would never had been caught if the stupid Army hadn't put all those numbers on the front bumper of my truck. Some people have no sense of humor.... With all that being said, how the hell do I get one of dem good conduct medals

God bless the ACLU
Old 02-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_Hixson View Post
Welcome to Patriotfiles. I'm the self-appointed, therapist for the site. (don't mean nothing) However you must watch out for some of those Psyco's. Those Southern Boys can be real sickos and the one from Indiana has some real problems. But, even though they are sickos they for the most part are harmless.

Keith
Oh thank God! I've been in need of therapy for some time now... LOL So please feel free to analyze my post and give me your diagnosis. I like you guys already.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sgt Jay

Frisco Kid is a 101st vet also from Vietnam. My time with the 101st was at Fort Campbell. I was not Airborne qualifed. But did grad from Air Assault School back when Custer was a Corpral.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 AM

Keith I made E4 twice before making E5. Things weren't going to well during certain times and salty comments have a way of bringing that into perspective. My learning curve was really a tough one. Attitude adjustments were impressed upon my person. Once I fell into step the world once again began to revolve. A model soldier I'm not but I showed up to do my bit.

By the way guys - Welcome Aboard. We can use all the help we can get. BobK is my hero along with so many more I can't begin to say. You guys have anything you need to unload - this is the place but be ready for those who know - to let you know where the road forked - if ya know what I mean.

Thank you for your service to our country and god bless all our trooper's everywhere.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"