The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2002, 10:17 AM

Default Christmas Memories-Active Duty

What are some of your Christmas memories while on active duty?
I remember my buddies and two white Christmas's in Korea one of them getting drunk on GI gin (Codein cough syrup) drink it while out in the freeze came into a tent with heat and it hit hard.
Mostly I remember how cold it was and the chow being frozen and trying to thaw it on a manifold of anything that was running.
Thinking of home.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2002, 11:48 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default bbeil...

Being totally honest, I don't remember one-damn- thing about Xmas Time in West Germany,...even though I spent 3 of them there way-back-when.

However, on that heating C-Rats on manifolds bit, I do remember doing such (for slow cooking), since doing so more times than I care to remember over a 28 month period of time (even while driving). If rushed, and in a hurry, we would go over to The Tank Section and hold the cans in an exhaust with a stick. Such was speedier than a Micro-Wave Oven.

Naturally, and whether cooked slow or fast, in either instance it was wise to punch holes in cans with a bayonet first. After all, such fine cuisine should be savored an eaten,...not worn.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote