The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2005, 05:10 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Post Open Letter To President & National Media

Dear Mr. President & The National News Media;

As an American, I can not protest strongly enough over the crass treatment that my son (and all of our sons and daughters) have received at the hands of this so called AHCCCS program of Arizona and it?s related Medical program here in California!! (medicaid)

As I have stated before, illegals are able to attain ongoing treatment for medical problems and injuries incurred in these two States (or even in Mexico), whereas our own kids are thrown to the dogs by these two wayward programs!

As you know, my son was severely injured in a bicycle accident in Arizona where he attends university on loans, grants and scholarships alone. To infuriate matters even more, the bike in question was a defective, foreign manufactured machine, sold by a huge national retailer!

Not only did that retailer attempt to seize evidence while the lad was under heavy medication and severely injured (the day after the mishap), but indeed, the State of California insisted that my son was an Arizona Resident, whereas Arizona claimed that he was a California resident! ?As such, both refused him ongoing treatment!?

Today, he was scheduled for (what he was led to believe) was an appeal, that turned out to be merely an Administrative Law Judge attempting to ascertain if he would even be allowed to file an appeal at all?

Naturally the State of Arizona had their AHCCCS lawyers in attendance, and they have (to the best of my knowledge), now opted to change horses in mid- stream! Instead of claiming now that the boy was not a resident of Arizona, as he attempted to present his Arizona voters registration card, a driver learner's permit for that State dating back to 2000, and school documentation of his residency back to the year 2000 to the present, these AHCCCS lawyers are now claiming that he is merely a student in Arizona, albeit for 4 plus years in that State (AZ), and that in reality (they claim) that he is in Arizona merely to attend classes. Ergo, these attorney?s now claim that he is still a California resident? ?Naturally, the judge will have to decide the matter!?

Now, if in reality, this erroneous and vested logic is to prevail, then I contend that ?NO UNINSURED STUDENT? from the State of Arizona (or anyplace else for that matter), attending school in California, should be allowed Medicaid Insurance coverage or ongoing care in California either!! Not only that, but I also find it unjust and potentially a conflict of interest, that the man who is in charge of the Medicaid program for Arizona and California alike, operates out of a San Francisco office, using (apparently) two sets of standards?

In my opinion, both he and the head of Arizona AHCCCS alike, are ill suited to these positions of grave trust and responsibility. In fact, when I attempted to call this Arizona Head of AHCCCS, his head of customer relations (an oxymoron I opine) insisted that he neither make, returns, nor does he accept phone calls! I therefore ask you Dear Sir, what does he and AHCCCS do for a living, or do they know? (Just a question?)

"I find this scenario totally unacceptable and unjust Mr. President, and I am sure that you too, and a great many of those voters, who are legally within our nation, will as well!" (another opinion)

And as for these AHCCCS and Med I Cal Programs (Medicaid) being the responsibility of the individual states, I need not remind you that the Federal Government funds a share of all such programs out of the tax money garnered from all 50 States! As such, I feel that it is indeed the responsibility of the Federal government to treat our own citizenry at least as good, and as equitably, as we now do illegals that get medical treatment here in the United States, almost at will!

?If a scant few of the people of our nation opt to tolerate or accept this inequity, and this without a groan of legal protest, then I for one have lost a great deal of respect for the few of my fellow Americans who are so inclined!!?

I am not fighting this noble battle for my son alone, but rather for all of our honorable citizens of all ages, creeds, net worth, or color. They certainly deserve far better than this from their own government, state and federal alike, do you not agree!?

VERITAS (Truth)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links