The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2006, 11:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default New Va Data Theft Revealed

Well I'll just be damned!

As Davids post stated just a short while ago, the laptop computor stolen from the VA employees home has been found with apparently no data being lost or comprimised.

Time will tell.

But, now it looks like there has been ANOTHER breach of security at VA facility with an additional loss of data.

What the hell is wrong with these folks???

###START###

NEW VA DATA THEFT REVEALED -- Indianapolis TV station reports a backup data tape is missing from the VA's Regional Counsel office.

Tape contains identities of veterans including names, date of birth, Social Security numbers, medical records and more than 16,538 legal cases.

More VA Security Breaches Revealed

I-Team 8 has learned and now confirmed through a congressional investigation that there are more VA security breaches, including Indianapolis.

I-Team 8 has learned the office of Regional Counsel at the VA in Indianapolis is missing a back-up tape to the server.

The tape includes the identities of veterans including names, date of birth, Social Security numbers, medical records and more than 16,538 legal cases.

Details are just now coming to light in an ongoing congressional hearing in Washington.

Indiana Congressman Steve Buyer, Chairman of the House Veterans Affairs Committee, launched the congressional investigation last month after a massive security breach.

The laptop of a VA employee in Washington was stolen from his home, putting 26.5 million veterans at risk of identity theft.

The stolen laptop has been recovered, no further details regarding the recovery have been given.

Four years ago, I-Team 8 uncovered a security breach at the Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis after veterans medical records and information were found on VA computers discarded at Goodwill.

-------END--------

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2006, 02:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING, AND LOOKING TO FIND OUT WHAT HE CAN ABOUT US.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I heard today they were sent the stolen property back and now they are useing forensics to determine if the data was compromised. More info to come on the data theft I hope.