The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2005, 04:49 AM

Good to see you Shellcase
Old 08-16-2005, 12:38 PM

Being a serving member of British Armed Force for the past 29 years (very close to 30 years) I have a view on this subject, this is my personal view and they may not be the views of the British leaders.
Our two counties have always seen "eye to eye" on a number topics and always we have been seen to stand side-by-side with each other, we sometimes may not like what each of us is doing, but we are there for each other.

The French have the Germans (that makes me laugh), The Italians, well they join the group they are told too.

During the 1982 battle to re-take the Falkland Islands, who help us the most? not the French, they were selling missiles to the other side. No, it was the USA, not with manpower, but with supplies and backing in the UN. That war showed that a small nation can travel 8,000 miles and still kick a*e.

During first Gulf war, which two countries came to the front and took the lead, USA-UK and it was the same in the last war and which two countries are still their, USA-UK.

I have worked with US troops over a number of years, in Germany, the US and other areas overseas and I have found that we DO work well as a team and long my it stay that way.

Well that may not make any sense, I'm on leave and todays the day to have a drink.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

"Cheers" Matzos and Thanks for your support these 29 years
Old 08-17-2005, 07:45 AM

Good man Matzos, have a brew or two for me