Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2020, 05:35 AM

Arrow US Navy SEALs change creed statement to become gender neutral

US Navy SEALs change creed statement to become gender neutral
By: Mark Moore - New York Post News - 10-01-20
Re: https://nypost.com/2020/10/01/us-nav...ender-neutral/

Photo link: https://nypost.com/wp-content/upload...8&h=410&crop=1

The US Navy SEALs have changed their creed statement to become gender-neutral and have eliminated terms such as “brotherhood,” according to a report.

“Naval Special Warfare continues to deliberately develop a culture of tactical and ethical excellence that reflects the nation we represent, and that draws upon the talents of the all-volunteer force who meet the standards of qualification as a SEAL or SWCC,” Navy Special Warfare spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Matthew Stroup told American Military News.

One change addresses the first paragraph of the SEAL ethos.

Instead of “A common man with uncommon desire to succeed,” it now says: “Common citizens with uncommon desire to succeed.”

Another alters “I am that man” to “I am that warrior.”

“Brotherhood” has been changed to “group of maritime warriors.”

The final line of the statement has been modified from “Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold,” to “Brave SEALs.”

Stroup said the previous versions of the SEAL ethos and Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen creed were written before the law allowed women to serve in the commando groups.

“The changes do not in any way reflect lowering standards of entry, rather they ensure that all those who meet the requirements to train to become a SEAL or SWCC are represented in the ethos or creed they live out,” he said. “This improves the posture of the NSW force by ensuring we draw from the greatest pool of talent available.”

Still, Stroup said, “no women completed the SEAL or SWCC qualification training pipelines.”

The Naval Special Warfare Command’s website has been updated to reflect the new gender-neutral version of the SEAL ethos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: My Mom was tougher than nails. My wife has those traits as well. I knew this gal in High School who could kick the shit out many guys. She was a knock out to view but dangerous as hell if you pissed her off or got fresh. Remarkable she was even to this day I suspect she carry's herself really well. She would have made a good Marine for sure.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links