The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2003, 07:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A few thoughts for Ron and the core group of regulars on here...

You know who you are :

Most of you guys and gals have been knocking around with me almost 4 years in cyberspace in various places......we have all laughed together, cried together, been pissed off and mad at each other individually... or in a group, fought the wannabes, posers, site pests, and liars, prayed and sang together ( note : most of it has been non-verbal ( in my case ) and thru typing only as I have only met or spoke to any of you for the first time on my trip to San Francisco )...we have a precious, miraculous, and unique support group here...I said all of that to say that, Ron... you are in my thoughts bud, and prayers...Take care..
Be safe and healthy...

Larry

DEO VINDICE
Old 07-20-2003, 09:40 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb A thought

Any ex-serviceman (or woman), who's 50 something who hasn't developed a thick skin has some issues. However, we all PMS from time to time. Sometimes some little thing will eat at us, sometimes it gets the best of us. When Ron comes back we will ignore his vacation.
When I started posting on the internet in 1999 you folks who were around were my life line to the outside world. I will not leave, regardless of the large number of Southern types and born-again hippies who might disagree with everything I've said.
Maybe we should arrange a crab apple fight for those who strongly disagree. It worked for me and a guy from the Republic of South Carolina.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:07 AM

Andy how about an acorn fight got a lot of them where I'm at and a lot more fun.

razz
Old 07-20-2003, 01:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

shoot...the best fights we ever had when I was a kid were those big old black, oily, walnuts with the thick green husks...just about grenade size...everybody gets a metal garbage can lid and THERE ARE NO RULES...you think a paintball hurts at 200 mph..just try getting hit in the head with one of these from 15 feet a way..I got a mild concussion from one of these...it was amazing the things we came up with in the 1960s for entertainment... tee hee

Larry
Old 07-20-2003, 05:44 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Green tomatoes at 10 feet worked for me.

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 07-20-2003, 05:51 PM

garbage can lid s that was rules, but you're right about one thing when we played we played hard sometimes we got hurt but we never got hurt to bad if we did we'd get a cast put on our arm and then get a football game going those thing worked real good if you were on the line like the center.

razz
Old 07-20-2003, 05:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default #...

...I been busy these last few days building a deck, and my friend's party was yesterday, and I haven't been able to catch him in...

...Sugarland FD phone number is...(281) 491 0852...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 07-20-2003, 06:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Your true family is not one of blood but of respect and joy in each others life.Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof. " Bach " WELCOME HOME . and thank all of you for humping my ruck from time to time. Acorns with sling shots.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mah deah Yankee Frand Andrew

Thare you'uns go agin a-tryin to start up anuther uv your "crab-apple-sneak-attacks" width yo GLORIOUS Suthern Brethren.

Didn'cha larn NUTHIN a-tall frum thet thare last "epp-e-sode" uv crab apple warfare whenst gittin yo Yankke butt whupped by mah DEAH frand and blood-bruther-uv-tha-Confederacy -- The Honorable J.E.B. Packo--Esquire!

Now lookee heanh---I has got a BETTER idea---how-'s a-bout switching frum dem old little-biddy crab apples to good ole Florida oranges! They's ere a WHOLE bunch "sweeter"---dun't hurt'cha near as much as dem old hard-ass crab-apples---most uv'em come jest bout the size uv a real baseball (my frand J.E.B. orghta REALLy like thet sincest he wuz nearly bout a full blown major leaguer, ya know)? During my youdth (as them I-Talian Stallion fellers pronounce it) I played a little American Legion ball meseff, soooooooooo, if'n he runs inta any difficulty width you'all Yankee apple-chunkers----I'd be thare width a mighty fancy "side-arm" chunking, orange-ball-Express fer ta "back" him up, ya know?

Anywho---I'm-a width all tha way about when Ron DOES return----I say we jest fergit he wuz gone, and welcome him back like nuthin EVER happend.

Yo Frand,

The MOST "Cavalier" & "Protector of Descendents of Tara" his-seff,

General Stonewall Beauregard Lee Gimpson, III, Esquire

PS---If'n y'all DO brang dem ole nasty-ass crab-apples ta tha "duel" PLEASE remember ta brang sum dang SALT---dem suckers are SO damn sour we GOTS-TA have sumthin ta make them thangs eat-a-bul. See, all we gots-ta brang is mah gud ole SWEET FLA. oranges cause even if'n we whacked you'uns in yo mouths---y'all prolaby wudn't say nuthin but---GIMMIE SUM MORE!

:cl:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Larry I had my share of fights with black-walnuts and the stain from the husk left a semi-permanent mark for awhile too Also another thing we had in Missouri was Osage Oranges they were green in colour and twice as hard as any orange ever was and if we weren't throwing them at each other they made temporary softballs till they broke apart