The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Warfare > Warfare

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2015, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Sniper Movie / Hired Gun?

I made a terrible mistake just the other day when I was talking with someone about the new movie about a U.S. Army troop with an MOS that classified him a Sniper and that I thought that anyone with that classification should be automatically given a Disability Rating from the VA for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder if they ever served in a "combat zone" or while protecting an American. How can anyone function in the outside, civilian world, who once had the job of pulling the trigger on someone who as not endangering them personally at that moment, and whose sole mission was to "KILL." The person that I was talking with then said that every soldier had that mission since, after all the first thing they were taught in Basic Training was to KILL. In the mid-sixties I was nothing but a "hired gun."
When I went overseas I saw dead people who died because of a piece of lead inside of them that was shot from someone else that didn't even know them. I was based on a civilian airfield on the South China Sea and everyday there were South Vietnamese civilians boarding Air Vietnam airplanes going somewhere else and they did that with every confidence that, even in Vietnam in 1968, they were safe because of the people guarding that airfield.
Once I was assigned post #14 for the early afternoon shift. Post #14 was close to the rear gate of the airfield and I heard riffle fire happening inside of the gatehouse and then saw a smoking AK-47 being rushed from the gatehouse. No-one moved inside of the gate but I could see an ARVN Uniform laying on the floor. I locked and loaded a 300 round belt of 7.62mm's into the M-60 in the tower and pulled the trigger. The AK fell to the ground followed by the guy wearing black pajamas falling onto it.
I can feel the trigger of that M-60 vibrating in my hand even today but that was the last time that that Gook ever killed.
Within an hour, another Air Vietnam flight took off over the South China Sea.
Sponsored Links