The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Concerns

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2002, 06:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default VA claims adjudicator guilty of theft & fraud!

Looks like the corruption & theivery by VA employees continues to take place. Maybe this is one of the REASONS veterans like Andy can't get their claims adjudicated fairly. They are all too freakin busy trying to figure out how they can STEAL the money & benefits intended for truly desrving veterans like Andy!

*****START*****

July 1, 2002
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(727) 398-9559

FORMER VETERANS AFFAIRS REGIONAL OFFICE CLAIMS SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE SENTENCED IN WIRE FRAUD CASE

Kenneth R. Atkins, Special Agent in Charge, Southeast Region, Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General, (VA-OIG),
announced today that William Stanley "Rusty" Latta, a Veteran and former Veterans Affairs Regional Office employee, was sentenced to
serve six months of monitored home confinement and two years probation. This sentence was the result of Latta entering a guilty plea to an
Information charging him with Aiding and Abetting and Wire Fraud. These charges were the result of a scheme devised by Latta wherein he
obtained the medical information of a Veteran suffering from cancer and edited the information to show it was his own condition. Latta then
submitted that information to the Department of Veterans Affairs causing his own claim to be re- evaluated. As a result of these actions by
Latta, his permanent disability rating was upgraded to a 100% level. During the investigation, it was determined that Latta was previously rated
for a gunshot wound he claimed he received in Vietnam. This rating was also found to have been granted based on fictitious information
supplied by Latta. This scheme and actions by Latta were discovered by employees at the Veterans Affairs Regional Office, Nashville, TN, who
then reported the incidents to the Office of Inspector General. Latta was also required to pay the cost of his home detention monitoring and he
has made restitution in the amount of $42,976.67 to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Assistant United States Attorney Byron M. Jones, Middle District of Tennessee, Nashville, TN, prosecuted the case for the government.

http://www.va.gov/oig/51/press2002/Latta-pr-final.htm

####### END #######

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2002, 12:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Thumbs down Veterans concerns

Andy isn't the only veteran whose legitimate claims aren't being heard from the VA or paid. Coming from Tennessee, any kind of corruption and theft is possible. I speak as a native. I was discharged to that place and can say from experience and the experience of my father a WWII Vet before me that the purpose of the Va in Nashville exists to deny Vets their benefits and to keep their filthy hands in the til box along with every other politician in that stinking state! That's why I live in Florida. Not that politicians here are much better. Put them in a bag and shake them up they all smell the same! Having grown up on the circuit with the good ole boys... What an insult and a slap on the wrist for this infidel Vet person. Makes me so mad.... Let me just say how I really feel.....
Old 07-10-2002, 10:42 PM

Default whatever happened.......

To that group of theives who where scamming the VA from the Atlanta regional office?? Remember the three who reactivated the files of dead service-connected vets and had the benefits directed to their personal bank accounts???

I never heard anything else about what kind of penalty was imposed on these scum suckers!!!

Peace.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Angry Theoddz

Last I heard a few weeks ago they had been found guilty and were awaiting sentencing, however they could not repay any of the 7 million or so they took nor pay any fines because they were all broke now.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Angry VA claims adjudicator

Those b.....should be hung from their thumbs and beaten until the money is s.....out of them. Then shot at dawn! Death to beaurocrats who steal from vets!
Old 07-22-2002, 02:07 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

GIMPY OLD FRIEND; It surprises me not, but a ray of sunlight may soon be entering the picture, Georgia Boy! I understand that someone has been raising no end of Hades and Congress is beginning to pay attention! "And then the walls came tumbling down!!!"