The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2004, 03:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Beau

Glad you are doing good. Think of you often looking at your Pic's and Homies in my bunker or flying your plane in the front yard.Smile when I think of the times you will be having with your family growing up. Thanks for the ammo ! Take care brother.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2004, 06:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Yo, Beau!

Just the person I was hoping would show up! I'd like to get your take on the John Kerry / Swift Boat controversy, if you don't mind sharing it.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: Yo, Beau!

Quote:
Originally posted by revwardoc Just the person I was hoping would show up! I'd like to get your take on the John Kerry / Swift Boat controversy, if you don't mind sharing it.
Hi all Youse .... don't know about being back ... But, as an Army boatie our jobs were not patrol ...

As to all of the rest, on both sides ... I very well may vote ... Ralph Nader.

I sent Paco a few of my sketches ... hope he likes them ... now Paco really did cross into Cambodia.

Beau
Old 08-28-2004, 05:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Beau,...

...long time, no talko,...

...very good to see your name pop up again, we've missed you, and you've been in our prayers,...

...us gringo's still plodin' along, trading rocks,...

...how's your "little one",..

...be well,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-30-2004, 05:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: Beau,...

Quote:
Originally posted by SEATJERKER ...long time, no talko,...

...how's your "little one",..

greetings back ... actually, most of the folks I grew up around were rock throwing gringos ... I really only had/knew a few other Beanners (I'm half) ... now old Ray Vella ... I dated his sister ... old Ray, we'd sniff glue together, or drink beer and get crazy ... Ray was not all that big ... but pound for pound ... nobody ... nobody would mess with Ray ...

"little one" is fine, she started high school today and I am helping her ... rat this evening, with Geometry ... she plays Bass guitar, as well (learning).

My old friend Paco ... I sent him some sketches last week (Viet, and some Filipino Farmworker stuff ... Asparagus Camps and the Filipino "section" of Stockton) ... Paco left a message on my work recorder and I called him back ... I said "yo, Pacolito" (jeeze, I hope that name doesn't get copied too) ... he laughed and said (oops, got a math interruption) ... he said he'd frame the pictures ...

... well, Paco and I did some recollection of the old days ... had some laughs (too complicated to describe) ... he just got back from an extended Harley rally ... bye ...
Old 08-31-2004, 07:26 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Beau, Are you a racist or Bigot???

Go look at your posts, You are the only person that constantly emphasises your racial heritage and background and then you have had some delusions that some of the posts have been directed to you because of ethnic background. Just wondering?
Old 08-31-2004, 10:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Chili Beans ...

.... I think more attention has been given to those who have protested/vocalize/RIOTED/written ... the most.

... I've taken no insult as being directed at me ... think what you will .... I do feel a certain guilt by association, to my ancestors ... I copied and pasted quite a bit about the Phillipine-American War and a bit about the Mex-American War ... in the appropriate forums ...

I certainly feel a longstanding Silent Minority status ... and intend to add to that.

I have an office calendar that has Feb 2nd and 3rd highlighted ... I deliberately let the legal passage to report ethnic denigrations pass ... this was in 2004, by the way.

This idiot fellow Bitnam Veteran culminated a series of soft insults, with a deliberate toying around in a bowl of Jelly Bellies and vocalizing "I wonder if there are any Chili Beans in here." He had that certain glow of getting a kick out of his veiled insult.... a series of insults !

When I went to his office, the first of 4 times ... I confronted him with his little ha ha insult ... he said "I'm trying to see how far I can push you" ... after another visit, he said "I'm just trying to help you" ... after another visit to his office, he said "what are you trying to do, get me to retire early?" (I wouldn't ... but what the eff, I said "yes") .... I was hurt terribly bad ... then next day he walked past a desk I was at and he said "What are you doing, counting beans?" .... this is 2004, but I let the legal timeframe for doing an EEO "whine" expire ... I did however call him out of a room and had a "talk" .... my finger in his face (I was hurtin bad ... I feel disgust when I see him now).

It ended with me telling him, with my finger in his face that I would not take care of things through the officials at work ... I did not imply physical threat ... I did imply that I am way too smart to go through the expected process.

By the time that episode in the hallway had ended ... he had me backing away with his apologies ... and dang near forced his handshake on me ... he brought up that fellow V Vet status ... he lied to me about why the army did not place a "V" device on his wall mounted old Vietnam Bronze Star [I asked him how he earned it ... ever see one's countenance freeze up when they quickly have to lie"]

About one munt ago ... this contractor several times said "hey, mon " as in the old ways the whites use to make fun of the accents of the pure Chicanos ... second time he said "hey, mon" .. I said, what did you say ? .... then I told him about the "Chili Bean" bowl ... I told him how the whites use to make fun of the Chicanos ... even with that "hey mon" accent ...

I could go on ... I have been gone from here a long time ... only came back to share my contact with someone I met a long time ago, and who I wrote about in the old Historychannel.com board .... "Paco vs Packo"

I do believe that more has been given to those who have protested/rioted/sued/marched ... THE MOST ... silence will not last. I do feel, that those in the greater mainstream ... have attached dislike to that protesting/rioting/suing/marching ... or call it Affirmative Action, or forced "Diversity" training ... and that mainstream has forgotten ... us ... or would like to divert it's digust towards forced "sensitivity" training from another group ...

I have spoken up in several work assemblies ... and said "in the 2o plus years I have been here, I have seen very, very few Latinos" ... I said my piece, up front ... nothing had, or will happen ... I do beleive that more has been given to those who have ....

It was good to laugh on the phone, with my friend Paco.

some folks have had my e-mail ... write if you want ... if not ... hey mon, it was sometimes interesting and rewarding.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I guess the answer is Yes

I have no clue about what all that was about.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default no clue ...

I said that in America's ethnic scene, more focus has been given to the black vs white strife, and Chicanos (a.k.a. "Hispanics") have been largely forgotten, but no less insulted ... e.g. was this Vietnam Veteran who had fun with the "Chili Bean" scene. And, I am not out of the woods... this bit of history is important, and the history of the Phillipine-American War, anti-mescigination laws, the Mex-American War ... Latino history in the armed forces ... is largely unknown, or forgotten.

from the book "The Fight in the Fields" Caesar Chavez ...
Old 08-31-2004, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

The picture says it all Beau "as late as the 1950's" as in the year 1950.

Don't fool yourself Beau and waste your time feeling sorry for yourself or your race or races whatever the case may be. People in the quickly growing lower class of this country are just as disenfranchised whether they be white, black, brown, or red. Do you think a poor white boy will somehow miraculously get a bank loan because he is white while the brown man will be turned away with similar credit scores? That is a joke.

You are right about one thing, blacks have raised the loudest voices, but then I don't blame them. They were actually enslaved wheres no other races were by this country.

There are so many programs in this country for the so called "minority" that it makes my head spin. Sometimes I have to caution myself from anger because it is non productive as I watch people flood into this country getting business loans and grants simply by virtue of their color.

Most races have carved out niches within our society and do quite well there. A few cases in point are koreans, Chinese, Nigerians, and people of middle eastern descent. I am also very familiar with many of the immigration scams most of the races use in mass to enter this country. These scams are largely overlooked in light of the benefits often gained by hard working immigrants.

Yea Beau, if you are honest with yourself and look at the so called plight of so called minorities, you will realize we are all in the same boat below certain income barriers and the only long term solution is to pull yourself and your families out by your own bootstraps as best you can.

No matter how many bigots you have met in your life they obviously don't represent the majority or nothing but whites would live here. Is this getting through? I have lost count of the bigoted mexicans, blacks, and whatnots that I have crossed paths with, I still don't blame my failures on them or even on my government.

P.S. you are right about another thing too, the Philippine-American War, the Mex-American War and Latino history in the armed forces are very important.

I have yet to see you gather any material and submit it to the site to bolster its spread though.