The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2004, 09:49 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Oh! Canada

Seems our friends above the northern border are at it again.Not only have they embraced draft-dodgers and created a safe haven for our chicken-shit military deserters,but now the lowly liberal Canucks in Nelson,British Columbia are in the midst of fundraising for a permanent standing memorial dedicated to all the brave souls that left their homeland in the time of war for the sanctuary of Canada.

Same-Same France...No friends there.

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2004, 09:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Oh Griz don't be Mad be Glad, I can't wait until its done so I can bless it with my unwholy water. care to join me.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

One of the reasons Canada has less population that the US is that there have been more Canadians coming southto fight than Americans going north to avoid fighting.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:59 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Canada

The way I see it is that is if a person doesn't want to defend there country then don't, Go ahead leave, BUUUUUT, don't come back. No problem.
I also think there are outspoken people and groups in Canada Just like in the United States, What some in Canada do is most likely not what the majority feel, But thats just me.
Ron
Old 09-15-2004, 05:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Griz
Thats OK.... lets those SOB puke-ass, chicken $hit, MFers do their thing in Canada. The one thing that will really PISS me off is....If we let them return when the war is over. As far as Im concerned the good ole USA should put these pukes in the the same classification as terrorists. If you decide to come back you will be shot on sight
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 09-15-2004, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

What Ron said. When Carter gave all the draft dogers amnesty I was hoping it was just a trick to get them to gather somewhere so we we could drop napalm on them. I have never met anyone who said they were a draft doger during the Viet Nam war , course I never met any one who said they were a cook or a clerk in Viet Nam either
Old 09-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default D-LT

A long time ago in a galaxie far far way. I used to be a construction supervisor for a guy that was filthy rich, He owner 2100 houses, I ran two crews and did estimats. Anyway, I went to one crew one day for lunch and to bull shit on how it was going. Me and this guy started to talk about VN for some reason. He told me he went to canada when he got drafted, I told him to gather his stuff and leave the job sight, Your fired, He didn't even get a ride back to his car.
The owner asked me why I fired him, (he went to the owner crying about how he needed a job) I told the owner that I wasn't going to work with that guy and it was him or me,
The owner told me that it was up to me who to hire and fire and if that was my discision than thats it.
Thats the only one I ever met.
Ron
Old 09-15-2004, 09:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Jphn
I know the clerks and cooks job sucked. When we were gone for days. They were the only ones left to pull guard duty and burn $hit. they literally welcomed us back with open arms. but you are right I never met any of them including a draft dodger
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 09-15-2004, 03:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default GRIZ

Like Ron said, these caribou's asses don't represent all Canadians anymore than the war protestors here represented all Americans. It remains to be seen if they get their memorial.

Canadians have served in the American military since the Civil War. Over the years 40 of them have received Congressional Medals Of Honor, including Sp/4 Peter C. Lemon of Norwich, Ontario, for his actions while serving in a recon company in the 1st Cav in VN. Conversely, 35,000 Americans served in the Canadian military between 1914-17 before the U.S. entered WWI; and 30,000 between 1939-41 before the U.S. entered WWII.

It's hard to pin down how many served during VN. There's estimates from 3500-12,000. Some sources say it may have been as many as 30-40,000! The difficulty lies in the fact that the many that joined or were drafted while living here were recorded as Americans. There are 100 confirmed Canadian KIA and 6 MIA on The Wall. It's estimated that between 30-40,000 COWARDS fled from here to Canada. What ever the number of BRAVE Canadians that served by our sides, we came out WAAYYY ahead on this trade. I personally served with 2 Canadians, an Irishman, and a Scot.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:15 PM

Guess it's time to resurrectr the Fineans. Let's go invade Canada AGAIN! I even have in my collection one of the conversion rifles used in the original Fenian invasion of Canada.