The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2002, 02:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Veteran License Plates

I guess most [all?] states offers them. My son got me a personalized plate for Fathers Day, which wasn't easy since he lives in Japan. His Mom helped.

CA offers several versions. The regular Vets plate has a large list of military unit and branch insignias to choose from. My son ordered mine with the 101st Airborne insignia. You can also have them personalized with upto six letters, if they're not spoken for already. My son had mine say 66VNAM. Also available is a POW, Purple Heart, Medal Of Honor, Silver Star, and Bronze Star Plate. The cost of the plate is $40 the first year, and $30 thereafter. All of the money from the plate goes into funding CalVet programs.

So what other states offers Vet plates? Who else has them? I know you do, Andy. Some states, like MA, offers other DMV perks to their vets.

Thanks for the gift, Scott. I display them proudly, telling people who I am and where I've been. Especially when driving through Berkeley .